Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service n maintenance plan

I was going to stick with the long-life service schedule, but if I do I won't use up my 4 services before my service plan expires in March 2021.

My Beach is coming up to 1-year old, has covered 8500 miles of mostly long journeys and, according to the MFD, the next inspection / oil service is not required for another 11000 miles.

The service plan doesn't seem like such a good deal now :(

I didn’t bother with service plan as I couldn’t get vw Citygate Wooburn green to email details of plan, they were very vague and said it was 2 services and it was Longlife schedule, I asked them to email me details of schedule , which they never did.... they were also going to call and advise me on fitting solar , which they never did.... I emailed them asking where tie down kit was , they never replied, I spoke to them with issues about how someone managed to get into the Cali without my keys , the rep said he would get service department to call me .... they never did.....
Will only use them if there is a warranty issue , guess they’ve had my money so don’t seem bothered about aftercare , shame as it’s a great van .

Cont...
Very disappointed as last dealer we used was homda Aylesbury and they are superb .

Hmm, our T6 will be two years old in March and has clocked up just over 15,000 miles to date. According to the MFD it's not due for it's first oil service for another 1900 miles! I purchased a two service package when new and so far have stuck with the variable servicing regime. If the new long life oil technology is as good as it is supposed to be then these prolonged service intervals shouldn't really be an issue. After all, these oils have been formulated for just this purpose. I know it doesn't accord with what we've all done in the past but surely technology has moved on since the 5000 mile diesel oil change. I suppose it boils down to whether or not you trust long life oils.

Incidently, Bluebell Bus is now 62 days past her inspection service because I was advised by the dealer service manager that they would do it when it comes in for its oil service. I am not overly bothered by this as I have had a good poke around and every thing is as it should be. However, at this rate it won't get officially done until her first oil service in nearly three months time. BTW, I was assured that waiting until then wouldn't effect the warrantee.

I thought about this when I first came across LL servicing on a brand new Golf GTD in 2002. We did 60,000 miles in 2 and a half years in that car with no problems. I think, when was the last time you heard of a modern engine with big ends rattling, can knocking or ceased? I would go with LL again because we will be doing 15-20,000 miles per year.

Hi Folks, I have just had a 17500 mile service completed today on my 2 year old Cali 150. at the cost of £284 with nothing needing doing, the first service last year included recall work at 6000 miles and would of cost £2360 if it wasn't under warranty . So I was asking about extended warranty's and service plans, they sent me this pdf of a plan. i am trying to work out if this is good value for money or not. any comments see the attached pdf

Attachments

• Service Plan - QuoteDocument L9MY8-1.pdf
    608.1 KB · Views: 48
Who is the contract with VW or the specific dealership? my concern is if Marshalls disappear what happens also Is it transferable if you sell the van?

The price is just for a service plan not a warranty.

It doesnt cover brake disks & pads which over 5 years you will need a set of.

To me it sounds like a huge amount of money & at best you are buying a service in 5 years time at todays prices. My van is just coming up to 4 years old & I think my total spend so far is a couple of hundred for the one service, admittedly ~Ive got a big bill coming in the next couple of months for the 4 year service.

What did they do that would have cost £2300?

I now read pdf , my advice would be to go somewhere else ...
£2360 for those items
Were they wearing a mask ?

Who is the contract with VW or the specific dealership? my concern is if Marshalls disappear what happens also Is it transferable if you sell the van?

To me it sounds like a huge amount of money & at best you are buying a service in 5 years time at todays prices. My van is just coming up to 4 years old & I think my total spend so far is a couple of hundred for the one service, admittedly ~Ive got a big bill coming in the next couple of months for the 4 year service.

I have been told that the service plan is transferable should i change my California or sell it early and any money in the pot would be returned. I do need to ask a lot of questions, my worry is new cambelt service possibly £1000 plus i can see the engine management light coming on for a past time. (don't have any confidence in the reliability after the engine management light issues i had 3 months up to the first service.) i have to go into see then tomorrow because they have pissed me of a little today. just happened to be 160 miles away from home and it starts raining, wiper blade is not moving the rain from the wind screen. see picture. think the guy who jet washed the van destroyed the blade. they have promised to replace both blades tomorrow. doesn't give me confidence in the servicing either.

20180417_114306.jpg

I have been told that the service plan is transferable should i change my California or sell it early and any money in the pot would be returned. I do need to ask a lot of questions, my worry is new cambelt service possibly £1000 plus i can see the engine management light coming on for a past time. (don't have any confidence in the reliability after the engine management light issues i had 3 months up to the first service.) i have to go into see then tomorrow because they have pissed me of a little today. just happened to be 160 miles away from home and it starts raining, wiper blade is not moving the rain from the wind screen. see picture. think the guy who jet washed the van destroyed the blade. they have promised to replace both blades tomorrow. doesn't give me confidence in the servicing either.

View attachment 32193

Ok I understand the cam belt service but you can start saving for that now. The engine management light coming on wouldn't be covered by the service planner the wiper blades for that matter.

Cambelt and water pump fix VW price was about £570 on our T5 can not remember if that was + vat.

c£12 month over 4 years 40p a day

Last edited:

Went into VW service today and made the sales guy spell out exactly what i was getting and actually saving with the plan.

all the services are 10% discounted plus any parts and consumables. everything on sheet 2 is included, that's servicing and x6 MOT's, bearing in mind my Cali is just 2 years old and this plan takes it up until its had its mot at 8 years old. plus when it needs new discs or any other parts these will cost 10% less. so hopefully no massive bills until 2025. I think for an average of £400 its not a bad deal really concidering the cost of the cali in the first place. think i am going to sign up for it.

Hi. How do I find out if my 2019 T6 Ocean has a service plan from the previous owner?

Time and distance everytime with all mine, Passat, Caddy and Cali (my wife pays for the Passat) it makes me cringe when I see a vehicle with 60k and only two services :Nailbiting
144000 km, 10 years in may, up to it's 5th LL service in may.
No problems at all up to now.
Throughout the year 12km up and 12 down to work. 3x 2500 km for holidays.
Just under 15000 km per year.

Back