Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Cali service deals?

D

Dan

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows what service deals / packages (if any) VW is offering at the moment on new vehicles and whether people think paying up front for the first few services works out cheaper? We'll be collecting our new van in March hopefully. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I have just reordered my vehicle after a little hiccup and got a 4 service deal for £179. Dealer said it was a VW incentive to hold on to customers.

Don't see why i would pay 4 services up front when the first is free and the next is approx 2 years later and so on....mening you pay now for a service you wil be getting in 4 to 8 years.....?
It could work if you do lots of milage ....in that case it could work , but what if you sell the verhicle with only 2 sevices done or have a accident and loss of verhicle? Wasted money imo.
Service before i pay , not the other way arround.
Don't they taken enough money yet at VW ?

Sounds like good value to me. I'll be getting the oil changed every 12 months / 20k miles so it won't take long to recoup the outlay. One basic oil and filter service on my daughters fiat 500 costs £180 at the dealer so that sounds like a bargain!

I was offered 2 services for £370 or 4 for £720.
The offer says buy 2 and you'll get 1 interim service and 1 full service.
Buy 4 and you'll get 2 interim services, 2 full services and the first MOT.

I take this to imply that servicing will be annual.

I quite like the sound of that as I'm not comfortable leaving an engine 2 years without an oil change(even with long life oil) and the whole vehicle without an inspection.

I'd be keen to know what the services cost on a new vehicle anyway. They can't be much surely... probably only an oil and filter change in the first 2-3 years anyway.

These prices sound quite expensive if that's the case.

It'd be interesting to hear what the servicing costs other people have had in the first 3 years if they bought from new. I'd be amazed if they were much more that £720 combined.

No free first service in the UK must be different in your country.
They don't change any fluids .....but it is a service ....

I was offered 2 services for £370 or 4 for £720.
The offer says buy 2 and you'll get 1 interim service and 1 full service.
Buy 4 and you'll get 2 interim services, 2 full services and the first MOT.

I take this to imply that servicing will be annual.

I quite like the sound of that as I'm not comfortable leaving an engine 2 years without an oil change(even with long life oil) and the whole vehicle without an inspection.

I'd be keen to know what the services cost on a new vehicle anyway. They can't be much surely... probably only an oil and filter change in the first 2-3 years anyway.

These prices sound quite expensive if that's the case.

It'd be interesting to hear what the servicing costs other people have had in the first 3 years if they bought from new. I'd be amazed if they were much more that £720 combined.

£370 for an oil service and a full service doesn't sound that bad considering what some garages charge. My Subaru Forster XT was around £375 for an interim and £550 for a full service.

Sounds like good value to me. I'll be getting the oil changed every 12 months / 20k miles so it won't take long to recoup the outlay. One basic oil and filter service on my daughters fiat 500 costs £180 at the dealer so that sounds like a bargain!
You'll get the Services according to the mileage/Service Schedule, NOT annually unless in the Service Schedule. So first Service will be at 20,000 miles or 2 years. So really depends on what your annual mileage is going to be. Read the small print.

Just paid £179+VAT for 4 services (2 interim and 2 full). I was told it was on a long life service so 24 months or 20000, but the MFD is showing roughly 700 days and 18000 miles which it works out through its own calcs. Also I had a sharan which was on long life service and the dealer insisted it needed doing after 12 months. Either way I think it's a good deal.
Also the van came with 3 years VW breakdown cover, definitely worth having for free!

£370 for an oil service and a full service doesn't sound that bad considering what some garages charge. My Subaru Forster XT was around £375 for an interim and £550 for a full service.

Thanks Dan. Was that on a new vehicle? I'd understand those figures on and older vehicle, but years 1-3 I think they're a bit heavy.

Hopefully some Cali owners will post their figures for years 1-3 and we'll know whether these service bundles are good value or not.
:thumb

Just paid £179+VAT for 4 services (2 interim and 2 full). I was told it was on a long life service so 24 months or 20000, but the MFD is showing roughly 700 days and 18000 miles which it works out through its own calcs. Also I had a sharan which was on long life service and the dealer insisted it needed doing after 12 months. Either way I think it's a good deal.
Also the van came with 3 years VW breakdown cover, definitely worth having for free!
Sounds like a bargain.

Was the Sharan on a Service Package?

Yes a three year one and although I showed them the Q16 iirc on the data sticker (which denoted a long life service) the dealer insisted that a service deal bought through VWFS had to be done at 12 months no later.
But as a mech engineer I would sooner have something serviced too much than not enough especially if I have to argue in a warranty case.

Thanks. That is a good offer. I'm not taking up VW's finance offer so I won't be able to get the offer. It looks like a no brainer for those that are though.

Thanks. That is a good offer. I'm not taking up VW's finance offer so I won't be able to get the offer. It looks like a no brainer for those that are though.

I wasn't going to take out the finance either but with the big saving on the service package and the £750 deposit contribution, I'm considering it. I think the finance can be paid off early with no penalty (like within the first week) - can anyone confirm this?

Why don't you take up the finance and then cancel it? You be £750 better off and have a chance of getting the service deal. Nothing to lose!

I wasn't going to take out the finance either but with the big saving on the service package and the £750 deposit contribution, I'm considering it. I think the finance can be paid off early with no penalty (like within the first week) - can anyone confirm this?

Yes you can. We've done exactly that with 3 VW vehicles. You have to pay a setup fee so make sure the figures stack up.

can this be done even if ive ordered my cali and only paid a deposit or am I to late. Was just going to buy it outright. But if I can save some cash I will.

can this be done even if ive ordered my cali and only paid a deposit or am I to late. Was just going to buy it outright. But if I can save some cash I will.

Picking mine up in March. Only paid deposit so far. Going to be using the finance deal as suggested to gain the extra deposit and service deal. So don't think that you're too late.

Back