Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet Sherwood Forest Meeting - May??

AlisonF said:
Sorry, one more question before I book - if I want to stay (an) extra night(s) - what's the best way to do it so I don't have to move home...
I'll have a word with the site when I confirm numbers - I can't see it being a problem on a Sunday Night.
I'll see if you can just pay for an extra night when you're there.:thumb

Nick, did you have a chance to check this? I've also sent a request to the campsite. I would look to travel Thursday / Tuesday. I'll let you know what I here back from Sherwood.

AlisonF said:
Sorry, one more question before I book - if I want to stay (an) extra night(s) - what's the best way to do it so I don't have to move home...

Nick, did you have a chance to check this? I've also sent a request to the campsite. I would look to travel Thursday / Tuesday. I'll let you know what I here back from Sherwood.

Not checked yet but I'll drop them an email today - so you're wanting to stop Thu-Monday - so 4 nights? I'll see if they'll let me have them at the reduced price :)

AlisonF said:

Hi Alison, I've spoken to the site and if you want to extend your stay to 2 nights - just book 2 weekend tickers and you'll get the extra 2 nights at the reduced cost :thumb they've maked you a pitch down to arrive early.

How do we book this, do we need to book directly with the campsite?

Adamvanman - the link to book is half way down the first page of this thread (at least how that it come up on my laptop). Scroll back and you'll find it. :thumb

I have just booked for the Sherwood Forest meeting. Many thanks for organising this, Nick.

A bit nervous, as this will be the first time I've done this, but looking forward to meeting people on the Forum. I picked up my new Cali T5 SE last September, and am looking forward to Spring arriving and more trips out and about.

Looking forward to this, are many of us taking up the dinner option?

I opted for the dinner, Adamvanman. Hopefully there will be more takers.

Hi Nick,
We're looking forward to a weekend in Sherwood Forest, I booked the tickets last week but have not been emailed them yet.
Regards: Ian

Hi Nick,
We're looking forward to a weekend in Sherwood Forest, I booked the tickets last week but have not been emailed them yet.
Regards: Ian
Hi Ian,
The email bit doesn't seem to be working Ian - I'm not sure why but I have you on the list.

Here's the rough numbers at the moment....

21 bookings
30/35 people having fish n chips on the Saturday night (good turn out)
13 folks with dogs (hope you're all coming on the walk on Saturday to the dog and duck) None dog owners are of course welcome too!

It should be a great turn out - I'm really looking forward to meeting you all :thumb

Hi Ian,
The email bit doesn't seem to be working Ian - I'm not sure why but I have you on the list.

Nick, you can re-send tickets via the control panel in EventZilla, we had this problem a few times but it ended up that they had gone into peoples junk folder.

Yes, you can count us in for the dog walk, it sound like its going to be a great weekend.

Yes, you can count us in for the dog walk, it sound like its going to be a great weekend.
I've tried re-sending Ian - see if you have it in your inbox :thumb

Thanks Nick, I've got the tickets.

Nick, you can re-send tickets via the control panel in EventZilla, we had this problem a few times but it ended up that they had gone into peoples junk folder.

Cheers Martin :thumb

Hi folks just a quick update for the Sherwood meeting in May.......I can't wait :bananadance

Numbers.....
25 confirmed bookings.
40 people for Fish and chips for the Saturday Evening.
13 of us with Dogs.

Please see the T's & C's for the site here....http://www.sherwoodforestholidaypark.co.uk/sherwood-forest/terms.html

The plan!

Friday

Arrivals Friday from 12.00 noon and before 8pm.
Fire log (in our BBQ) around our van at 8:30pm for a drink and a chat.

Saturday

12:00 Meet at club house for a walk to the Dog and Duck pub for a spot of lunch.

6pm Meet and greet in the club house, fish and chips and collect your complementary drink.
(Bring your own chairs & cutlery)

Choice of Drinks

· Bottle of Larger (Bud)
· Glass of Bitter (John Smiths)
· White Wine
· Red Wine
· Coke
· Lemonade
· Fruit shoots for the kids.

6:45pm Pass the parcel and crafts for the kids

7:00pm Quiz part one

7:30pm BINGO!

8:00pm Quiz part two

8:30pm – A bit of music and raffle draw (All proceeds will be going to Ashgate Cancer Hospice)

9:00pm – A bit of fun ....if you dare!…..it’s a surprise!

Vacate the club house by 10:30pm – all quiet by 11pm

Sunday

Departures by…….will find out!

5 spaces left and they can be booked here.....https://www.eventzilla.net/web/event/sherwood-forest-meeting-2138836603

Wow after all the pics from this weekend in Gloucester that sounds amazing. Getting itchy feet here...

I have one dog who is over sensitive to loud noises / kids / motorbikes / buses / sudden movements - yep really on the autistic spectrum so would appreciate a spot where I can put up awning and dog fencing where he feels safe and then doesn't disturb others. The other one will flirt to hell and back with anyone who comes near her so watch out (her season is over so no risk of Cali pups I'm afraid...)

Just back from our first ever agility comp and all went well but van covered in mud inside and out :headbang

So we're up for the dog walk and I'm on for the pub meal, but without pooches I'm afraid :(

29 Vans booked now :bananadance- I have 30 spaces reserved so I'll have a chat with the site tomorrow with regards having another 5 spaces.

A couple of folks have asked me about bringing some products along. The site is actually a non trade site so I'll not be having a stall set up or anything like that. I'll obviously have my van kitted out if you want to have a nosy at a few things, but wont be taking products to sell as such - but I can do pre orders to collect. Please drop me an email directly if you need anything - comfortzleisure@aol.com.

Not long now :thumb see you all soon ;)

Morning Folks,

The site has come back to me this morning and let me have another 7 spaces :thumb (we've got the whole river side are now) and we maybe able to release another 2 spaces. So potential for 39 vans.

:happy:happy:happy:happy
Morning Folks,

The site has come back to me this morning and let me have another 7 spaces :thumb (we've got the whole river side are now) and we maybe able to release another 2 spaces. So potential for 39 vans.
just booked see you all there :happy

35 confirmed bookings now.....just 4 places left :bananadance

Oh any T6's going to Sherwood - I want a volunteer to try the new fiamma bike rack :thumb

Caroline and I would love to come along, but we could only make it on Friday night; we would have to leave by midday on Saturday. Is anyone else just going for the Sunday night so that we could share a weekend ticket with you? Or is it possible to book just for the Friday night? Tim.