Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show me how you've made your interiors your own

@Auberg-ine Wow, thank you for sharing! great inspiration and nice to see how others handle camping, working, waiting... cheers

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Interested in your cockpit screen. Hard to tell how it’s clamped to the roof. And have you added some extra hooks on the b pillars. Looks very effective helpful to 7nderstsnd so can try myself

Thanks

In my idea of multifunctionality I did not want to make a custom made screen. Instead I bought a picnic blanket, that can also be a campfire fleece, or a plaid for the bed. A Kelty Bestie Blanket in my case
See
I still had some of these strong paper clamps that I hung with some Velcro to an adaptable shower rod which is easily positioned (without fixation needed) at the end of the roof bed, and can stay there while driving, or even while using the roof bed. The clamps can fold around the rod so with the shutter closed they do not rattle. To close off at the corners I sticked two self-adhesive sand-coloured hooks at the ceiling right beside the windows.
With some time I probably will change it towards a full-velcro solution. The clamps are still a bit of a hustle.

clamp to hook .jpg

I quit like 'anonymous' (city-) camping, so I rarely use the pop-up roof, and prefer to be prepared to leave in a second when needed. Therefore the driver seat stays in position, and the cockpit blinds are never used. I also prefer my mobile rotan table-stool-footrest-... over the fuzz with the driver chair, which even when turned around is still not comfortable (too straight at the back, and not handy in front of the table).

Also, this thermic blanket is cutting off nicely the colder simple glazing segment. The size of it is just small enough to leave a free heater outlet.

I made it myself in Photoshop, googled, downloaded and cleaned out a high resolution map (and made Belgium a huge new Atlantic island with all of its villages readable on it, and the Goddess Europae having her own problems with her lover Zeus ;-)). Then asked my real photo shop to make me a laminated self-adhesive print (300dpi, 51MB). With my nail I could trace the exact shape of the table through the photo, then trimmed with a cutter.
Unfortunately the structure of the table makes that this adhesive film was not sticking. So I had to put it on again with contact glue. Next time I would use a more liquid glue though.

Ok Chris, here's the 'indoors candle trick':
- a 20€ bamboo lampion from Dille&Kamille with its glass wind protector, that I also use as flower vase, Spaghetti container or Sangria carafe that fits perfect in the fridge (I bought me a big size cork).
- a cheap push-button led spot, also used to light up the wardrobe
- a foldable plastic cup/box, in which I keep my coins

and the storage system is indeed all Ikea Skubb (food, cloths, tools, toys,...). IMG_0146.jpg IMG_E0363.jpg Fits like gloves, is soft, modular flexible, ... and yes, multifunctional ;-)

The 'hanging' part of it is very easy to remove; just a quarter turn of the two knobs.
But even without removing this you can turn it without any problem. In fact it just fits in between the step-in grip when rotated.IMG_0221.jpg

Edit: for skeptical Drpps ;):

IMG_E2890.jpg IMG_E2888.jpg

Last edited:
'Making the interior further my own', hereby the C-pillar as a handy position to keep the magnifying glass, the harmonica and the binoculars within reach. Ready for next 'expedition' :happy

IMG_E1475.jpg

Nice to see this thread comes alive again! :thumb
Dearest klmr14, Tell us, what happened since last year?? ;)
And where are the rest of all these mancaves, feminin boudoirs, hippie sheds, ...:D?

Nice to see this thread comes alive again! :thumb
Dearest klmr14, Tell us, what happened since last year?? ;)
And where are the rest of all these mancaves, feminin boudoirs, hippie sheds, ...:D?

I like the way you‘re transforming your California into your unique California!

Btw: Mine turned into a family cave&that‘s okay!

Covered the tables in a Vinyl wrap, front and back seats in black and red leather, work top protectors in red, carpets in black with red piping and Quinn made the Van his 33201

Hi, Where do you get the net tidies from on the back of the seat bases?

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the way you‘re transforming your California into your unique California!

Btw: Mine turned into a family cave&that‘s okay!

Thx Sapto! I like the idea to be fully equipped and prepared for whatever spur of the moment and whatever kind of event. Solo time-out moments, family trips, meetings,... So every day I drive around with quit some extra kilo's of beer and bbq, books and drawing tablets, cava and oyster knife, board games and petanque balls, dinner jacket and jogging outfit , swimsuit and rubber boots, lime and fresh herbs, cheese and chocolates, lots of chocolates, ... :D

Hi, Where do you get the net tidies from on the back of the seat bases?

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi BillyCasper, got them off Ebay, campervan accessories

ec45fc6c9efdd59520d5a413b27370b6.jpg

Lights in action...
Nice!

Back