Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show me your projector indoor / outdoor setup please :)

andybeary

andybeary

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hey fellow gamers/movie watchers - heading out with the lads in the cali to make a change from family holidays.

I am looking at what projector set ups are people using and if so could you spec your kit please :) muchly appreciated.

Hi, I use Nebula capsule. It has Netflix and Prime pre installed so I download films or series onto the internal memory of it. I think I can put around 4 films on the internal memory. It also has USB charging and I once charged up will last around 2.5hrs. So I basically put it on the internal table, with no wires at all attached to it then use the pull down blind as the screen above the sink. I actually made my own screen out of cardboard and projector screen material as the blind material makes the quality of the film grainey. The screen I made goes in the same place as the blind and is a similar size.

1F646505-8BFB-4A83-987E-939D5E24BC0C.jpeg

Hi, I use Nebula capsule. It has Netflix and Prime pre installed so I download films or series onto the internal memory of it. I think I can put around 4 films on the internal memory. It also has USB charging and I once charged up will last around 2.5hrs. So I basically put it on the internal table, with no wires at all attached to it then use the pull down blind as the screen above the sink. I actually made my own screen out of cardboard and projector screen material as the blind material makes the quality of the film grainey. The screen I made goes in the same place as the blind and is a similar size.

View attachment 125139
this is great i checked and i think it is on sale so might go for this as seems to be a popular one.

Nebula Capsule 3(I think? Not the laser one), and either:

simple setup - projector on the cooker top and projected onto the sliding door blind (not tried table to kitchen blind but will give it a go. Would mean getting out the van is easier.
I find the blinds are pretty good, they're almost proper screen material.

more hassle set up - I have a Duronic roll-up screen that I hang from the roof hatch. I saw that you can buy the 3D printed holders that seem great but tbh just using the hooks that came with the screen and sticking them in the right place under the upper mattress edge works fine too.
(as an aside, the video I saw on this said the screen stashes away fine diagonally in the overhead locker. Sort of, but when I was doing this I was bending the whole hinge out of place if I wasn't really careful, so I just stash it in the boot along the pass-through section now.

really interested in outdoor use i.e. how bright are these things in real world and are they only any good towards evening / night when it gets dark or can some of these smaller compact projectors be used in the day as well.

We have the Nebula (capsule max), works well in the van for dark nights. Don’t really use outside as not fair on neighbours, but I think if you wanted too you would need a much better projector for daylight viewing.

Back