Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Show us your "Two Tone" California

Looks great when did you put the Waistline Chrome on?

After the paintwork was completed.

Do you like the matching T1 green rear roundel?

I love the retro wheels and think they would look lovely on mine but yes they are expensive. Where did you get yours? What size are they and if you don't mind me asking...how much?

The 18" Wheels/Caps are a staggering £ 2449.54 (Plus Tyres) from VW Colindale Main Dealer Parts

PS: I like the coded Roundel well done :thumb

PS: White awning was a good idea it would suit mine too...

20180105_081157.jpg

What headlights have you got?

And I see you have not blacked out the Front Door pillar.

What headlights have you got?

And I see you have not blacked out the Front Door pillar.

With the spec we ordered I ran out of funds when it came to headlights.

Love the LED's but nearly £2000...really?

The standard Halogen ones are ok on main beam but poor on dipped so have ordered Phillips Racing Vision bulbs for main and dipped and whiter light bulbs for side lights.

Didn't want to black out the door pillar because I felt it was cleaner looking and a bit more retro in Candy white which is slightly off-white.

That's looks lovely especially with the rack and surf board!

Last edited:

The ones you show are Extreme vision which are supposedly + 130% but more realistically + 30%

The Racing Vision are the same thing but again supposedly + 150%,,,more likely + 50% and are £18.49 for a pair

Here's the link..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LYNVQBC/?tag=eliteelect-21

If you want to have slightly whiter side lights as well then look in your manual under bulb replacement and see what type you need...mine are W5W bulbs and I'm getting Phillips Whirte vision xenon effect which are £4.55 for the pair - Amazon

Others on the forum have said if you want to replace your side light bulbs you need to do so when you have removed the headlamp bulbs otherwise you can't get them out.

Hope this helps

Im now thinking of blacking out the door pillars, few questions...

What is the benefit
Is it just for looks?
Where could i obtain
are they easy to fit
how much are they
are they a VW off the shelf part

Cheers in advance peeps

Aftermarket and just for looks - makes glass area all dark as on Caravelle. Quite easy to apply but you need to be careful. Buy from the shop on this site. £28.98 inc delivery.

Your van looks brilliant Blue Juice! Also like the look of the venue (kitesurfing going on behind). Where is that?
Thanks! That’s down at CBK beach, Hayling Island - top spot!

Blue Juice thats not Deal/Walmer/Kingsdown beach is it?

68026efd-fcd1-4575-a536-680f6d82c29c-jpeg.28867

Thanks! That’s down at CBK beach, Hayling Island - top spot!
Nice! :thumb I used to kite on Hayling before it became CBK beach, but didn't recognise it in the picture. Must have been the sunshine making me think it was abroad somewhere! Bracklesham's my usual venue now, although I'm a bit of a fair-weather kiter so prob won't be out on the water again for a few months yet.

Nice! :thumb I used to kite on Hayling before it became CBK beach, but didn't recognise it in the picture. Must have been the sunshine making me think it was abroad somewhere! Bracklesham's my usual venue now, although I'm a bit of a fair-weather kiter so prob won't be out on the water again for a few months yet.
That pic was from last years Kitesurfing Armada - we had three days of solid wind and blue skies! My local is Goring, I’ll go out this time of year as long as it’s not too mental, but prefer winter waves on the SUP down at witterings. Never been out at Bracklesham, I’ll make an effort when the days get a little longer!

No photo I'm afraid, but try to picture this. I was driving along the motorway near Alicante the other day when I saw a heavy flaked blue/grey metallic and pearl white two tone T5 from the Netherlands. Nothing unusual you might think but the colour split was longitudinally along the body with the left side of the vehicle in the grey metallic and the right in the pearl white. Not quite my cup of tea, but certainly different.

Great looking van Alistair. I have often wondered what VW would have done with the extra space had they used the LWB body. How is yours laid out?

Cheers

Steve