Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toilet.....what do you do?

Re: Packing Your Cali For A Trip Some Thoughts

DavidofHook said:
Our Porta potti fits fine between the passenger seat and the bottom of the bed. And it comes out easily inthe morning through the side door,no problem. Just keep the drivers seat pushed back towards the dash.
Re the delicate area of peeing techniques as described by Kev and others kneeling down sounds a night mare. And there is the splash factor to be avoided.
In my case as you get older ,squatting and peeing gets very difficult but..... There is a easy answer dahdahdah daaaah!
Stand and pee into an empty tin or jar and then gently pour it into the loo. Total comfort guaranteed. A jar is to be preferred as using a tin gives a tinlkling noise that can wake other sleepers (she tells me).

David

Remind me never to buy a second hand Cali off you guys or borrow a jar from you David. :shocked

John

:rofl :rofl

So if we're just filling jars perhaps we could keep the lids and leave the Porta Potti at home :laugh2

Fill the jar, lid on, open the window - Problem solved. Round them up in the morning and empty them for the next big event.

Slightly trickier if it's a No2 but that's a whole new debate :shocked

Now that is a good idea Stu,solves all the packing problems for the Porta Potti, why didn't I think of that.
And John, when I lend you a jar, don't worry I'd wash it out first!

David

I keep a couple of 2 pint milk bottles with lids on that I use for night time calls of nature. Empty & rinse out at next opportunity & re-use.
It does help that I have an endless supply of these as new as I deliver them to dairies !

Andy said:
I keep a couple of 2 pint milk bottles with lids on that I use for night time calls of nature. Empty & rinse out at next opportunity & re-use.
It does help that I have an endless supply of these as new as I deliver them to dairies !

Andy,

I guess you need a two pinter if its been a good night or a 4 pinter if its been a very good night.

:D

John

The girls are very quiet......

They are very quiet aren't they.
However, mine wanted to know what it was all about as I was sitting outside the van convulsed with laughter (watched with bemusement by the French) . When she heard she accused me of lowering the whole tone. Can't understand it really, it all seems so logical to me.

David

Haha, David glad I m not the only one!

I have just read the posts out to the wife and was laughing more and more at each post. By the time I got to andys post I had to attempt reading it out aloud a few times as I was in proper tears down face hysterics by then.

Nothing better than a discussion involving bodily functions, especially when halfway through a bottle of wine!

oooooh!

bordering on too much information guys...........

jeannie

Sorry Jeannie perhaps it is a bit too much info but then again Andy maybe if you could bring some of your bottles to the next meet????

I'm glad I wasn't the only one laughing (and getting told off) perhaps we ought to close this chaps eh?

David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I always travel with a single pop up tent. Small to carry and can be stuffed with all surplus items when sleeping. Eg non erected awning, bikes, Cadac and gas bottle, wet boots etc. 2secs up, 5 mins down - hopefully.

Guys that looks like something you would get in a care home.

Are we are starting a section for care in the community. :eek: :D

John

What an evil looking bit of machinery, the chances of something going wrong seem immense eg, missing the target,
hitting the wrong target,
falling over while trying to hit the right target ,
holding the bowl under while trying to hit the target,
falling over while reaching for the paper,
standing up with trousers round ankles and knocking the whole shebang over- contents and all,
Does this come with your recommendation Stu? Have you carried out any practical tests? Do it have aCertifcate of Hygeine?

John said:
Guys that looks like something you would get in a care home.

Are we are starting a section for care in the community. :eek: :D

John

It does John but it actually looks a bit more practical than my old marmalade jar. I might get one....... Although when the grand kids see it bouncing around in the back of the van there may some awkward questions.......

David

David I have to say 'it's not my bag' :laugh2

I saw a demo animation for it but I can't find the website now.

DavidofHook said:
Our Porta potti fits fine between the passenger seat and the bottom of the bed. And it comes out easily inthe morning through the side door,no problem. Just keep the drivers seat pushed back towards the dash.
Re the delicate area of peeing techniques as described by Kev and others kneeling down sounds a night mare. And there is the splash factor to be avoided.
In my case as you get older ,squatting and peeing gets very difficult but..... There is a easy answer dahdahdah daaaah!
Stand and pee into an empty tin or jar and then gently pour it into the loo. Total comfort guaranteed. A jar is to be preferred as using a tin gives a tinlkling noise that can wake other sleepers (she tells me).

David
I thought that i would update you on this important but delicate matter.
The marmalade jars are no longer in use here in our Cali, we have upgraded to a plastic measuring jug. (Used not new)
This has the benefits of being light and not scratching the Porta Pottis when travelling.
It has a handle and is not slippery, thus reducing the risk of dropping a loaded container ( which can affect vehicle resale values).
Also it doesn't get warm in your hand as you use it as ( this can be off putting to new users). It is virtually silent in use and pours better.
And finally, if you wish, you can carry out accurate measurements of use (which, a bit like mpg,can be put on a spreadsheet later for comparative purposes!)
I hope that this is helpful

David

We use a luggable loo, if and if ......... the need arises for a number 2 we use a degradable plastic bag put around the rim of the luggable loo, no problemo?

John

robovw, not sure I could trust a full bucket with a lid that just clicks on top. This is the same style of loo which a friend of mine carried home, full from a weekend at Guide camp, on the front seat of her car :crazy I shudder to think what the windscreen would have looked like had she done an emergency stop :shocked. The sealed cartridge, lock on base, belt and braces style, of the Thetford looks a safe option.

Yes it looks a bit high risk to me too. Could give off the dreaded odour during the night as well.
I prefer our Porta Potti and the measuring jug...... Comfort in use and easy disposal!

Hello everyone......

I have a porta potti 335qube bundle in stock which comes with the protection tray.

VIP price is

£135.00 inc vat.

Postage extra.

Cheers steve

Back