Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Single Burner gas stove in Rear locker?

F5 JNR,

Well that is so obvious, why had I not come up with that idea. That is exactly how I'm going to do it.

Thanks again, I can sleep easy tonight :)

DSC_3551.JPG
Wow so positive response deserves a piccy, also note the 9.99 foam topper from b&m in a tesco duvet cover folded on back shelf! Good luck guys. grey pipe lagging is short piece cut to put round wok handle to stop scratches or rattles.
DSC_3551.JPG

Motocyclist, Re compact single burner ring fitting in rear locker cant say for sure if in would in the case as we have passed ours on but they are noticeably smaller if intrested you could try emailing a suppliers there are several on eBay

Motocyclist, Re compact single burner ring fitting in rear locker cant say for sure if in would in the case as we have passed ours on but they are noticeably smaller if intrested you could try emailing a suppliers there are several on eBay
I'll know in a day or two, saw the "Yip" and thought that meant it fitted so ordered it :confused:

Anyway, can always use a second one :D

Yes it fits! Easily ....
IMG_9150.jpg

or ...
IMG_9154.jpg

Mummy & Daddy ...
IMG_9152.jpg

But o_O
IMG_9153.jpg
There's a limit to the size of the pan you can use (I think they are playing it safe with that sticker, I will try a larger pan and see if the casing gets hot). In any case, you can slide the pan to one side slightly.

Anyway, could be a case of taking that or none at all if space was tight.

Good find that Andy :thumb

Edit: Duplicated post, broadband playing up ..

glad it did fit thought it would :thumb:thumb you could fit 3 in there !!!!!!! :happy

I'm glad it fits too, I've ordered one. At that money it's worth a go.

We carry the small Cadec BBQ (Safari Chef) its ideal and very versatile. Its gas powered so no messy charcoal. I use a 907 gas cylinder so have backup gas as well.

We have the same set up for when we go away for more than a couple of days. Used it last week to do a brill 'fry up'.

There's a limit to the size of the pan you can use (I think they are playing it safe with that sticker, I will try a larger pan and see if the casing gets hot). In any case, you can slide the pan to one side slightly.

Do not use a larger pan. I believe that this is what caused a cylinder to explode at our neighbours campsite 2 years ago, injuring 4 people. Exactly the same style of burner.
http://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/10433821.Four_injured_in_explosion_at_holiday_park/

Intresting the one 1 had did not have the sticker so reckon they have update following issue.

I'm going to be roughing it at IOW festival next weekend with my daughter (no campervan passes left when we booked plus other half not keen on me taking Cali to festival - don't know why!!). So I will be in a tent, with the baby sized single burner camping stove so that I can still have a cuppa in the morning :)

Intresting the one 1 had did not have the sticker so reckon they have update following issue.
There's also a heat deflector fitted between two of the pan supports, you can see it in the picture. Is that a new mod?

Last edited:
Yes it fits! Easily ....
View attachment 8549

or ...
View attachment 8550

Mummy & Daddy ...
View attachment 8551

But o_O
View attachment 8552

Unfortunately, after having used this cooker last week, I can no longer recommend it.

It just doesn't give enough heat out. That, and the fact that you can only use a small pan means it's of fairly limited use. We tried to do a curry on it, started off trying to fry the onions but soon gave up and had to bring the stuff inside and put up with the smell for the next three days!

So I've just taken it out and put the old larger one back in.