Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Skagen, Denmark

Simo

Simo

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Could one of our Danish friends please advise me as to which is the best campsite to stay at in Skagen?

Heading there in 2 weeks(ish) and would really appreciate any guidance

I like the look of Skiveren, however they are the only website without English transalation....maybe that’s the attraction......

Thank you

Simon

Could one of our Danish friends please advise me as to which is the best campsite to stay at in Skagen?

Heading there in 2 weeks(ish) and would really appreciate any guidance

I like the look of Skiveren, however they are the only website without English transalation....maybe that’s the attraction......

Thank you

Simon
I have no personal experience with the Skagen campings, so I cannot advice on that. The Skiveren camping is 25 km (15 miles) from Skagen, so I will not be able to walk to town, but otherwise it looks like a nice spot. I like it is to the west. IMO it is the best beaches on that side. But I think you should book ahead since that area are extrememy popular. Skiveren has online booking (same name in Danish) and you can probably navigate through or just call them.

I have no personal experience with the Skagen campings, so I cannot advice on that. The Skiveren camping is 25 km (15 miles) from Skagen, so I will not be able to walk to town, but otherwise it looks like a nice spot. I like it is to the west. IMO it is the best beaches on that side. But I think you should book ahead since that area are extrememy popular. Skiveren has online booking (same name in Danish) and you can probably navigate through or just call them.
Thank you

Can I ask is Skagen a good area to visit? The beaches seem good but I am sure we are driving past loads on our way up from Billund!

Much appreciated

Thank you

Can I ask is Skagen a good area to visit? The beaches seem good but I am sure we are driving past loads on our way up from Billund!

Much appreciated
I would absolutely recommend the area. Visit the big dunes in Raabjerg Mile, the buried church and stand on the absolute top of Denmark where 2 seas meet are all top experiences in my book. The town of Skagen is charming and there are very good and expensive fish restaurants but also a lot of tourists.

We are heading to Skagen tomorrow so will let you know what we find - not booked anything yet...

Thank you, a review would be most welcome. I’m tempted by Skiveren but would love to get your feedback on a site and the area

What a great forum
@PJ500 how did the campsite experience go? Sounds like the weather is holding too, on our way Friday so hope it stays a week or two more

@PJ500 how did the campsite experience go? Sounds like the weather is holding too, on our way Friday so hope it stays a week or two more

Hi Simo,
Poul Eeg campsite is very good. It’s a large campsite but has a small campsite feel to it with lots of small areas surrounded by trees & hedges. You could isolate yourself here if you wanted.
Facilities are excellent & good location for walking into Skagen & to Grenen.

There are also Skagen Camping & Grenen Camping nearby.

You definatly do not need to book as the holiday season is coming to an end.
You can just turn up & have a look round the campsites before deciding.

You must stop off and walk on the Rajberg Mile moving sands on the way.

Weather is still great - some rain predicted but still in 20’s.

Also, we were expecting Denmark to be expensive for food etc but it is no dearer than UK. Diesel is about £1.20 / ltr. Cheaper than Holland & Germany.

Hope this helps - enjoy your holiday..

PJ

Back