Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding side window

J

Johnsmyth65

VIP Member
Hi, the frame of the sliding window above the cooker is broken on my V.W. California (2013) and V.W. are telling me that the whole of the side window will need replacing. Does anyone know if this is correct or can you purchase the sliding window unit separately.

Have you any pictures of what it is that broken? cos
you can get some parts for it.

1565696369702.png
Found this on ebay, so it appears you can buy the sliding window unit separately. I now have the part number which I will pass to VW.

Good find and good luck with VW. Keep us posted!

You say the frame of the sliding window is broken? Then you don't need that sliding window itself, but where it slides in.
VW will sell the sliding window, or the whole window, including the sliding window. That is just how they work. Some parts can be taken apart, but you can't buy them separately. Too bad.

Hi, the frame of the sliding window above the cooker is broken on my V.W. California (2013) and V.W. are telling me that the whole of the side window will need replacing. Does anyone know if this is correct or can you purchase the sliding window unit separately.
Which bit of the frame is broken?

The black bit at the top of the sliding window, it is preventing the window from closing and bring flush with the main window.

You say the frame of the sliding window is broken? Then you don't need that sliding window itself, but where it slides in.
VW will sell the sliding window, or the whole window, including the sliding window. That is just how they work. Some parts can be taken apart, but you can't buy them separately. Too bad.
I meant the frame of the actual sliding window, the black surround
The black bit at the top of the sliding window, it is preventing the window from closing and bring flush with the main window.
1565785838726.png

1565785878493.png

The part that is broken is the top of the frame highlighted.

No its the frame underneath no 7, so it is part of the main frame. I took No 7 off to see where it was broken.

I am afraid not, I wish it was as it is not the latch that it is broken, it is the underneath housing that holds the spring rods.

Reactions: JDB
Or you need 2, as a repair kit, or the whole sliding window if something has broken on the window itself.

Hi, I might need a new left hand (over the sink) sliding window. Is the webb site you are referring to still working? I had the address but it now redirects to a Russian site.
These sites tend to come and go. These ones are working at present.

Thanks, @WelshGas. I think I found what I’m looking for in 7zap website. But not sure witch one of the 4 versions. I have a 2005 Cali SE (steering wheel on the left hand side). Sliding window over sink.

CF7B5FFB-46F9-4230-B039-06452953B4B7.jpeg

Sorry,
Thanks, @WelshGas. I think I found what I’m looking for in 7zap website. But not sure witch one of the 4 versions. I have a 2005 Cali SE (steering wheel on the left hand side). Sliding window over sink.

View attachment 90997
I can't help you as to which version to get, but It makes no difference as to whether the vehicle is LHD or RHD as the kitchen is on the same side.

I think I figured it out. The item number ending with no -496 is the right hand sliding window and letter A is a color option (Black /Green). Without the A, just Black.

Back