Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slightly Disappointed

Thanks. I did test drive one, but its was just a normal test drive, and not for hours or overnight. Yesterday I did a 400K round trip for the first time. So really it was my first experience over a longer period. It was a little disappointing and coupled with tiredness and those rattles which I seem to have cured, I guess it added up to a bit of a moan. I still love the van, and Im sure it will get better with time.

You may want to play about with the position of your seat/lumar support/height of steering wheel combo - it took me a while to get comfortable.

Hi Mike,
It is there under "Water Supply and Disposal". On the downloaded PDF from here, it's page 238 also check "Winter Conditions" page 253. I just did all of this in the last few weeks.

..me..
Thanks TJ

OK.. Is this my only niggle ever with Jennifer? Fuse sounds like its a nightmare and this cables worse? Why not just an inline switch for just this scenario?

I assume the photo shows the cable? I cant part them? Is it me or is there a secret password. Any help appreciated.

IMG_2566.jpg

OK.. Is this my only niggle ever with Jennifer? Fuse sounds like its a nightmare and this cables worse? Why not just an inline switch for just this scenario?

I assume the photo shows the cable? I cant part them? Is it me or is there a secret password. Any help appreciated.

View attachment 28029

Not able to help other than to agree. I had a look at mine only yesterday and gave up and popped the fuse instead.

Mine is identical to yours.

Mike

tap connector.jpg

View attachment 28029
That's the connector. There's a small latch . On your photo, on the side of the blue/white wire, up a few mm from where the wire goes into the connector. The latch is part of the larger part connected to tap. You need to just lift it with a finger nail and the smaller part (with the writing on) comes away . Easy once you know how but I'm thinking of fitting a switch. On my T5 the fuse is a bit of a pain as the fuse holder has lugs at either end of the fuse, so a normal fuse puller is no use!

Last edited:
View attachment 28030
On my T5 the fuse is a bit of a pain as the fuse holder has lugs at either end of the fuse, so a normal fuse puller is no use!
Mine's a T6 and it's the same. Not quite sure why VW couldn't have a better solution. I thought German engineering was peerless. Err...? No sadly.

View attachment 28030
That's the connector. There's a small latch . On your photo, on the side of the blue/white wire, up a few mm from where the wire goes into the connector. The latch is part of the larger part connected to tap. You need to just lift it with a finger nail and the smaller part (with the writing on) comes away . Easy once you know how but I'm thinking of fitting a switch. On my T5 the fuse is a bit of a pain as the fuse holder has lugs at either end of the fuse, so a normal fuse puller is no use!
Think I might go and snap off the fuse lugs, I may be gone for a long time...........

View attachment 28029
I’m afraid on this occasion it’s You. See @ArunAlec ‘s post above.
A Switch is a good idea, but once you’ve done it once it’s easy.

View attachment 28030

Spot on instructions. That was easy. But after all the excitment not even a dribble!! Dissapointed but thanks for the advice. Spot on. Hope she is drained... All a little of a let down...

Spot on instructions. That was easy. But after all the excitment not even a dribble!! Dissapointed but thanks for the advice. Spot on. Hope she is drained... All a little of a let down...
I find it best to leave the tap disconnected and in the fully on position for a while to let the pipe fully drain.

I find it best to leave the tap disconnected and in the fully on position for a while to let the pipe fully drain.
Arun, I cant go back out again... the excitment is unbearable.... Having said that, sitting inside, activate the heater and go out when its warm.. Put Idiot Abroad on on the DVD in Cali and its no hardship.... Neighbours must think im mad... Thanks again..

Comments like the one above just make forum a total waste of time. There is always some dead heads making plain unhelpful,not funny useless posts and thinking its clever. These people need to just grow up.F
Yes you are right it is not helpful but it is funny and we just need to giggle sometimes

The dribble would be at the tank end not the tap, water doesn't tend to flow uphill!

Hello,

I see where the doubts coming from. It is a heavy vehicle that drives differently compare to a car. As many people already said the spring and shock absorbers are designed for heavy load. We live in the country and the small road to my house has a lot of pot holes, so each I time leave or come back home I get a nice reminder of the origin of the California as a van.

Beside that, in my opinion is drives very nice. We only have it for 2 weeks or so, but with each kilometer I like it more. I have some rattling noise as well (I guess it is coming from the B pillar, not sure) which I will talk to my VW dealer next week.

It feels to me that parking is a bit more complicated. Even though it should be only a bit bigger than a Passat, it needs more room than I expected.

Eberhard

Hello,

I see where the doubts coming from. It is a heavy vehicle that drives differently compare to a car. As many people already said the spring and shock absorbers are designed for heavy load. We live in the country and the small road to my house has a lot of pot holes, so each I time leave or come back home I get a nice reminder of the origin of the California as a van.

Beside that, in my opinion is drives very nice. We only have it for 2 weeks or so, but with each kilometer I like it more. I have some rattling noise as well (I guess it is coming from the B pillar, not sure) which I will talk to my VW dealer next week.

It feels to me that parking is a bit more complicated. Even though it should be only a bit bigger than a Passat, it needs more room than I expected.

Eberhard

I found the same about parking when I first had mine after my estate car but I think it's because it's different rather than difficult! Because of the wheels being closer to the fron of the vehicle AND closer to the driving position.
After 19 months I can turn mine easily in the small space between our garages - but I can no longer do it easily with the car because I'm now used to the Cali! :)