Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Small under bench drawer for T6 Ocean

Anyone know if the drawer parts will fit a T6 Beach with 2 seat bench?

Good morning,

I got the small drawer installed before the holiday. I found the part numbers in one of the posts and gave them to my VW dealer. A few days later I got the quote for the parts - which was fine (not much more than on the post).

Even though I trust my VW dealer to have a very good knowledge of the California, they seems to be not fully aware of how to install the drawer. It took them a day. Because of this the potential labour cost could have been horrendous. I spoke to the Service agent and we agreed an acceptable price.

If you decide that a VW dealer (or in fact any repair shop) install the drawer agree a fixed cost for the installation. It could be a disaster if they charge the time.

Beside this I am happy with the drawer.

Regards,
Eberhard

Is this extra drawer removable? Thanks
Hello Valerina,

I don't think so. I believe it can be de-installed but I don't believe it is designed to do this on a regular basis.

To install the small extra drawer was easy for me because I got a drawer for the boot, which prevented the use of the "through load", so to speak.

I like the small drawer because it is big enough to hold all the tools and emergency equipment.

Regards,
Eberhard

I fitted the small draw easy to do and easy to take out, but rarely do so. I find this small draw very useful, along with the extra draws under the sink and shelves in the wardrobe. As a couple the issue with storage is not having enough space but it’s about having efficient storage spaces that are easily accessible. That is you don’t need to 3 items to get to the one you want.

The above extra storage solutions are I admit expensive but we did not want to compromise the quality and fully integrated feel to the vans interior by cheap work arounds that look just that. Also IMO other ‘cheaper solutions’ tend just to add more clutter. Just saying!

Back