Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

smelly sink on T6 ocean

It just looked much bigger in the original photo. But that Part 5 is described as An Angle Connector rather than a Self Sealing water trap.
I did notice the description of the same part seems to vary and there seems to have been a part change in mid 2013, can’t believe that VW would have done away with the trap!

Are you sure that the plug hole doesn’t incorporate a trap? My T5.1 looks identical and definitely does. I confirmed that it was there by pouring a bucket full of water down the sink, then when the sink had drained opening the drain. I could see and hear the water in the sink waste gurgling as it was sucked back into the waste tank. The part number ...7E7 068 167.
thats a good point as it is quiet a chunky looking thing under the plug hole

does anyone have T6 ocean ?
i noticed that with the warm weather it smells and i have to keep emptying it.
The odd thing is that there is no "trap" on the sink to stop the smells and it looks like it is supposed to have one as there is a U shaped channel in the tank that is the size of the sink waste. but the waste goes straight into the top of the tank
see pic

View attachment 49945
Hi Paul Roe. Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem and find the source? l have a similar issue. I think I have isolated the smell to the sink and/or waste tank but cannot locate exactly. i have filled the waste tank with water and a bit of bleach and i have sprayed the plughole with Kitchen Dettol stuff. still smells. taken everything out of the cupboards. i cant see any leaks and the waste overflow is sealed and functioning. Next move is to buy an extended hose to create a U bend as maybe the sink plughole one doesn't work. smell is a musty damp smell but does resemble mild tobacco smoke. Its driving me nuts.

yes i did
the waste water level gauge was broken and hence it looked like there was no water in the tank when it was actually full and sloshing back into the plug hole and causing the smell
the van is currently in having MORE warranty work done,
so thats,

tap falling off
EGR valve failure
drivers seat catching on bolt when rotated
wardrobe door falling to bits
sliding door catching rear wing
rear wind needing a respray
rear nearside light cluster filling with water
sliding door window leaking
water tank gauge not working
gas regulator not working
battery going flat
alloy wheel corroding
trim falling off drivers B pillar so door blind cant be pulled down
and it's only 3 years old and done 18,000 miles and has had VW assist out to it 3 times on my drive !

yes i did
the waste water level gauge was broken and hence it looked like there was no water in the tank when it was actually full and sloshing back into the plug hole and causing the smell
the van is currently in having MORE warranty work done,
so thats,

tap falling off
EGR valve failure
drivers seat catching on bolt when rotated
wardrobe door falling to bits
sliding door catching rear wing
rear wind needing a respray
rear nearside light cluster filling with water
sliding door window leaking
water tank gauge not working
gas regulator not working
battery going flat
alloy wheel corroding
trim falling off drivers B pillar so door blind cant be pulled down
and it's only 3 years old and done 18,000 miles and has had VW assist out to it 3 times on my drive !
I guess a smelly sink is the least of your worries in the scheme of things. Can't believe you've had so many problems. Though unsure why you let your waste tank get so full. My tank is probably always empty and I wonder if that's causing the smell. However i've had everything out and am rinsing through the tank with mild bleach. Next step is to buy old type U bend and fit that in addition to the new trap.
I really hope VW sort yours once and for all and you finally start to enjoy the van.

Back