Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sink slow to empty

M

MurrayR

We have just purchased a 97 Cali and have many questions. Our sink is very slow to drain. I made it worse as I thought the pipe from the sink was supposed to fit into the "u" in the tank to form a water barrier between the sink and the tank. Now it is very slow. So I will be putting it back to where is slopes gently toward the tank connection. What is the correct method of connection between the sink and tank ?

Hi mate
Mine just comes from the sink to the tank in sort of an s shape. I think all cali's are slow to empty
I think it's quite normal. Mine is better when parked on a slight slope.
Hope this helps a little

Hi, I recall this topic being discussed on the FB site some time ago, and some had modified the plastic S shaped hose. Making it shorter, hence straighter. This apparently helped to speed up the draining.

There were a few pros/ cons to doing it, but unfortunately I can't recall them. Hope this helps?

The pipe is left longer by Volkswagon to form a water trap theoretically to stop any odours from the grey water tank, I have heard that it flows a little faster if shortened (straight) but personally I'm happy to go with the (slow) flow. :roll:

Chris

Murray,

If you actually have a 97 California, it's a Westfalia T4 California.

A fantastic piece of kit and the predecessor to the VW T5 Cali.

Interior layout is almost identical (VW copied it after a fall out with Westfalia) but the fittings etc are all fundamentally different. In many ways, particularly durability... The Westy is actually a little superior but in fit and finish the T5 comes out on top.

Fantastic vehicles and there are quite a few sites (particularly German) specific to them.

If it's an 07 and the 97 is a typo then ignore everything I just said.

Regards

Mark

Back