Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SMG Meet ( Photo's etc.. )

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I would like to thank everybody that had a hand in organising this meet it has been fantastic
A special thank you to stu and his good lady for cooking the BBQ and jock for showing us how to cook a big joint of pork on the cob and cooking some fantastic chill& noodle soup sat night :thumb
I have been to all the club meets so far (sad I know) but this goes down as the best yet :thumb
I can't quite believe how friendly and helpfull our members are everybody and I mean everybody
Had a hand in making this a great weekend. It started fri for me and Martin at smg. Both vans booked in for some pampering we then set about finding a shop for the drink :rofl I have to say we got a little lost :rofl Alex lent us a brand new Cali. Unfortunately it was a manual that Martin is not used to :rofl :rofl we then met up with John and lee and headed to the campsite. Once arriving it soon became apparent that the owner was going to help us in anyway possible even lending us a BBQ for the weekend. We had a wip round and stu kindly agreed to fetch the food supply's fri night was spent around the forum shelter drinking and eating my two favourite pastimes :rofl sat morning we all lined up for a photo opportunity which is on the other thread
After a little delay we headed in a large convoy to smg in cowfold where we met up with even more Cali owners already there and I must thank Alex and the rest of the team at smg they were
Brilliant what a day we had there the sun was hot and so was the food.many accessories for sale as well they even gave us the remaining food to cook on sat night what a star :thumb
Sat night we though we would all be more civilised so we set up all of our tables in a row and had a sit down buffet. Like I said earlier on I just can't believe how helpfull everybody was it was like watching a well oiled machine on sat.so a big big thank you to all for coming and making this meet unforgettable and one I will remember for a very long time :thanks

Re: Smg meet

It looked amazing - I was only there briefly, having only planned to collect some bits and hang around SMG.

The Convoy was amazing, it was worth travelling for that! A special mention must go to Lee for holding up the Sussex traffic, the angry woman in the Fiat 500 and the The Westy Bay who got to have the once in a lifetime experience of overtaking something.

Looked like a lovely meet, I wish I'd been able to camp and enjoy it, the pics look amazing. Thanks to everyone who organised and those who came to chat to us at SMG as we sat in the van to escape the heat, in particular Edward, who we could have chatted to forever!

i was a bit unsure about this meet - but clearly, it was really good, hopefully there will be another one.

I did say to my partner in crime yesterday, it's a good forum with some genuine people :)

I also found out that when pulling away - 180bhp makes quite a difference to 115bhp - note to self, don't try to take on Buttons, by the way Gary, my other half loved the colour of your van.

Thanks to those that organised everything and made me and Katherine feel welcome.

James

I can only echo Kev's thoughts on this meeting.

Great weather, great fun, great teamwork, great hospitality at SMG and the campsite and finally most importantly great people who really made this a very social and enjoyable weekend. :D

I look forward to meeting up with you all in the future. :thanks

John

024.jpg

010.jpg

I feel quite envious!
Looked like a lot of fun. Can't believe the weather you had either you jammy gits.

That covoy photo is brilliant. Looks like a lot of fun. Well done!

Pre smg

Post smg. 1 very happy dude

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347807526.709432.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347807565.011349.jpg

Is this a spot the difference competition Kev??

You parked further back pre SMG - Do I win?? :laugh2

We had a really great weekend this weekend too. Thanks must go out to -

All that attended - Without you these things won't work.
SMG - Great hospitality guys, very very much appreciated.
The campsite owners - Made us all very welcome, supplied a BBQ FoC to use and what a lovely site too. Pity certain other sites in that area couldn't be so accommodating.

Very nice to meet new people, equally as nice to catch up with previous acquaintances and of course thanks for the entertaining and interesting group meal last night :thumb

:thanks

Looks good Kev - be interested to hear how it rides.

The ride is superb I though it would be a bit shakey but I haven't noticed much difference
As for cornering it's much better there is no wallowing I used to go round a roundabout near my house and end up on the other side of the road not anymore the lowering springs are well worth it in my honest opinion. It handles better and looks better. Well pleased :thumb :thumb

Just wanted to say i had a great time on friday when i first met up with kev and martin to drop the berg off at smg. friday night was a good turn out from the forum and it was good to meet some other members as well as some friends i had made on previous meets.
Saturday was a good day from daybreak tea with stu and family then a fryup with jock&lee to chilling out at smg then saying goodbye and driving back . Thanks guys for looking after me and to all who helped put this together ... i'll not name you ,as i don't want to miss anyone out ,but you all know who you are from the admin all at smg and forum members :thanks :thumb

Another great weekend as others have said. Good to catchup with folk & put faces to some newer members.

Thanks to those that organized it, especially to the SMG team for their BBQ & hospitality.
Thanks to Jock for his excellent cooking.

Looking forward to the next meet, Christmas & camping in the snow !

Some brilliant photos as usual Martin.

We would like to thank everyone involved for organising the weekend and making us feel welcome. SMG did a great job on Saturday, food was excellent and hospitality superb, great planning as we just about squeezed all the vans on site!

There are some fantastic people here and it was great to meet you, looking forward to the next one.

Picture below of the best vehicles of the weekend, awarded by me :)

5yzyny6a.jpg

Rilla said:
We would like to thank everyone involved for organising the weekend and making us feel welcome. SMG did a great job on Saturday, food was excellent and hospitality superb, great planning as we just about squeezed all the vans on site!

There are some fantastic people here and it was great to meet you, looking forward to the next one.

Picture below of the best vehicles of the weekend, awarded by me :)

5yzyny6a.jpg

I'll second that paul :thumb :thumb :thumb
what a lovely trio of beautiful berg's and i'm sure their owners are just as classy & good looking :smile

I think you Boys need your own section where you can dribble together :rofl :rofl :rofl

choplee said:
what a lovely trio of beautiful berg's and i'm sure their owners are just as classy & good looking :smile

Who's Paul? :rofl

You weren't paying attention were you Leon? ;)

Rilla said:
choplee said:

big weekend in the end and every name ends up as a paul or steve to me :laugh2

As newcomers to both the California and the forum Sarah and I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for making us very welcome. We had a very enjoyable afternoon and picked up some very handy tips from you all :) also thanks to David and all at SMG.

Colin & Sarah

choplee said:
Rilla said:
choplee said:

big weekend in the end and every name ends up as a paul or steve to me :laugh2

I know, it was a challenge with so many new faces :doh

You weren't paying attention were you Leon? ;)[/quote]

big weekend in the end and every name ends up as a paul or steve to me :laugh2[/quote]

I know, it was a challenge with so many new faces :doh[/quote]

Think how I feel I have done all 6 meets and have trouble remembering my own name :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Back