Not open for further replies.
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
UPDATED 13.9.2012

The VW California Forum and our sponsor SMG Cowfold are arranging our first ever open day on Saturday 15th September everyone is welcome to come along. It will be a great chance to put face's to name's of forum staff, sponsor's and members, also if you are thinking of purchasing a VW California this is a excellent opportunity to talk to existing owners aswell as speaking to the sales team at SMG.

Also the following will be available on the day.

- Workshop will be available for minor repairs and servicing while you wait
- Discounted Brandrup accessories available ( Pre order and collect on the day )
- Discounted VW Accessories available ( Pre order and collect on the day )
- FREE Saturday Afternoon BBQ provided by SMG
- FREE Beer & Wine supplied by us on Friday night
- Meet Alex and his team who will be on hand to answer any questions you may have
- Excellent opportunity for potential purchases to chat to existing owners
- Discounted camping at Blacklands Farm in Henfield
- FREE to enter Raffle with some great prizes: (TBA)

1st prize is a free of charge full service (does not include a cambelt)
2nd prize £100 voucher towards VW/Brandrup accessories.
3rd prize £50 towards towards VW/Brandrup accessories

Space will be available for around 30-35 Cali's on site so please let us know if you are thinking of attending so we can make sure we have room for you.

We will also be arranging camping nearby for Friday & Saturday night in Henfileld for anyone that wants to stopover on either night.

Please let us know if you fancy coming along as it will be a fun and informative day for everyone.

SMG are located in Cowfold West Sussex which is just 30 mins away from the M25
cowfoldMap.gif

Let us try and get at least 20 Cali's for this special meet :D [/color]

List of attendees

1. Martin
2. Kev
3. John
4. Stu
5. Andy
6. VECali
7. steviej
8. choplee
9. Gary & Heather
10. JockMacMad
11. Custard
12. Viking
13. seasidesal ( Day Visitor)
14. Viktor ( Day Visitor)
15. SebKing
16. Graham & Sue
17. Bigmac4061
18. Alex
19. T5 David
20. Celia and Edward
21. THEGOLDIES
22. DrJohnB
23. George & Mildred
24. keacal2705
25. CJM
26. Rilla
27. Stephen
28. wingco

Re: SMG Open Day & Camping Meet (West Sussex) - 15th Septemb

Im interested :)

Should be a good meet!

The workshop is open on a Saturday from 0800-1200 so we were planning on offering servicing, basic repairs and maintenance, accessory fitting, and also you would be able to order some accessories and collect them on the Saturday as well, and that will be done on a first come first serve basis for bookings, so if you need anything done and are coming to the meet then be sure to let us know in advance to gaurentee a space in the workshop.

cheers

Hi, Alex.

Good luck with this, it's a grand idea. We are elsewhere that weekend otherwise we would definitely head down.

A maximum of 30 vehicles please as our site is not the biggest.

Please contact me ASAP if you want any service or maintenance work carried out on the Saturday morning as we are only open for servie work between 8-12 noon.

If you would like to order any accessories to collect or have them fitted on the day then contact Steve in advance.

We can supply and fit alloy wheels and tyres, bike racks, sidebars, Kenwoods on the day whilst you wait!

This should be a great meet and everyone at SMG Cowfold is looking forward to it!

cheers

Still room for a little one if I can out on a week day ???:)

I think that ideally we will need to start a list of attendees, and then members who would like work done can PM me directly, and members who want parts and accessories need to contact Steve directly.

cheers

I think Martin has the list from the Poll above.

Bugger thought it was aug not sept ... Got Vw farm festival in Kent that weekend .

This should be fun. See you all there

Hopefully there will be another open day :)

Would you please indicate if you'll be attending the Open Day so that we can add your name to the list.

John will be sorting the camping out next week but if he uses the site he hopes to use then it's a lovely place - Watch this space. :thumb

we're keen.....and i'm very tempted to get some side bars fitted. Need to run that past the wife first though!! :grin:

They would look awsome on your black cali :thumb :thumb

Looking forward to this meeting. I am getting a rear bumper protector fitted and am looking at getting some 17 or 18 inch wheels. Should be a great day at smg Alex is a top bloke and will be supplying food :thumb

Very jealous indeed that I'm not going :-(

Count me in for Open day.

Don't forget that the workshop is open on Saturday morning from 0800-1200 midday.

I am taking bookings on a first come first serve basis and so far have:

1. Lowering springs to be fitted
2. Service
3. Sportline alloy wheels and tyres
4. Rear bumper protector
5. Front and rear mudflaps

cheers

Alex I have ordered a bumper protector to be fitted :thumb

Don't forget that the workshop is open on Saturday morning from 0800-1200 midday.

I am taking bookings on a first come first serve basis and so far have:

1. Lowering springs to be fitted
2. Service
3. Fit bumper protector

If you want to book please contact me directly by PM or phone to discuss.

cheers

Just picked up my blue 2010 California and looking forward to coming along to the open day and camping. Have just ordered 10 cupboard shelf clips (I hate rattles) I expect that there will be a few other bits that I will need to order.

Its taking a while and not been easy to sort a local campsite. :crazy

However, just been to Blacklands Farm Campsite which looks great. I found both Neil and Keith, who run the site, to be very friendly and its only 8 mins. drive to SMG in Cowfold. :thumb

The campsite is both children and dog friendly with footpaths and bridle ways accessible directly from the campsite. The campsite has a fishing lake and 4 ponds but you do require a national rod licence, so please check with the campsite if you would like to use them. There are also 2 good pubs, Bloos, and The Royal Oak, within walking distance.

As for facility's the campsite has electric hook ups, recently refurbished toilet and shower blocks, a children's play area, and a shop on site for basic provisions. Henfield village is very close to the Campsite with its shops, pubs, and a petrol station. In Cowfold, as well as SMG, you will find a good Co op and the Cowfold Cottage Tandoori which does takeaway Indian cuisine that I can personally highly recommend. (01403 865865) :D

Neil agreed to waver the £5 pitch fee if adults pay £6.50 instead of the normal £6 and he also agreed to reduce electric by 50p to £4.50 for Cali club forum members. Children aged between 3 to 14 years old are charged £3 per night.

Booking for the campsite is done online with a online Booking Form and is looked after by Leon. In the section Additional Information mention that you are for the VW California Club meeting to get the discounts. You will later receive a code for the entrance and the directions to the campsite.

Here is the link;
http://www.blacklandsfarm.co.uk/campsit ... -form.html

Here also are some reviews and details of Blacklands Farm Campsite;

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/revie ... revid=4495

Blacklands Farm Campsite,
Wheatsheaf Road, (B2116)
Henfield,
West Sussex.
BN5 9AT

Telephone 01273 493528

John

Nice one, thanks John. :thumb

Just a little bump.

Would be great to have a good turnout and meet as many people as possible!

cheers

Sent pm alex "i'm in"

blown out a local kent vw show to chill out at our favourite vw dealership and see how much stuff we can get into our cali's when alex isn't looking :laugh2 :laugh2 :laugh2

Status
Not open for further replies.