Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

snow tires

Nayls777

Nayls777

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi
ive read lots of posts on snow tires ,but was wondering if most people put a set of spare steels on in winter on a 16 inch set up or go with the std 17 allloys and swop tires or just go with the standerd tires and manage
as they are
thanks in anticpation of some seasoned users

16s won’t fit an Ocean; you’d need 17” steels. It depends how often you’ll encounter the slippery stuff. I don’t drive on snow/ice etc very much, so I don’t feel it’s worth the hassle of storing one set permanently. It’s well worth it for those who regularly drive in icy/snowy conditions

https://caliventures364847572.wordpress.com/

Hi
ive read lots of posts on snow tires ,but was wondering if most people put a set of spare steels on in winter on a 16 inch set up or go with the std 17 allloys and swop tires or just go with the standerd tires and manage
as they are
thanks in anticpation of some seasoned users

Hello Nayls777 it’s best to have a set of steels for your Winter tyres the right size . If your van has 17 in you can’t use 16 in as brakes too big . You will need Winter or 4 season tyres if you go many places in Europe in Winter and often chains in the mountains are a legal requirement. You could order your new van with 4 season tyres but handbook says 215 tyres for chains and not 235 . Nothing’s simple !

Thanks for the reply I thought the cali would need the same size wheels
Hopefully will get a spare set of rims and get some winters on , got a del date of March getting giddy but worrying about the white stuff lol
:thanks