Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So the journey begins..

You'll find the 17in chassis and brakes are standard for the 204ps dsg 4motion ocean.

I went for the servotronic steering option as I found the T5s I drove before ordering a
bit light at motorway speed. It definitely feels better to me.
Thanks that's very helpful, maybe the £100 for 17" chassis will become a zero cost once it is loaded on the configuator?

Will look into the servotronic steering option today.

I found the garage ordering system would let you put anything in when pricing up and it's only when they try to build in the VW ordering system that you find which options are viable.

Walk through the configuration build (where they order from VW) item by item with the salesperson and double check what is on your order from the garage and what they order from VW are the same.

It's ordered! :)

Pretty much as per the list, 17"chassis and the HD anti-roll bars are no longer an option as Chris said becomes standard with 204.
LED lights also adds the lighting and vision pack.
ACC also adds the multifunction leather steering wheel.

We were very well taken care of by Martin at South Hereford, worked hard and got a good deal.

We also spent some time measuring and taking photos of their demonstrator so we can start planning our storage.

Pretty much as per the list, 17"chassis and the HD anti-roll bars are no longer an option as Chris said becomes standard with 204.

We were very well taken care of by Martin at South Hereford, worked hard and got a good deal.

We also spent some time measuring and taking photos of their demonstrator so we can start planning our storage.

Interesting thanks for the information

Can some one tell me what this means 17in chassis and brakes, I presume you cannot just put bigger wheels on with out mods

Can some one tell me what this means 17in chassis and brakes, I presume you cannot just put bigger wheels on with out mods

Seem to recall that Guy at Preston told us that 150 DSG comes with 17" chassis & brakes. Double check with dealer. We did order heavy duty anti roll bars.

What I want to know is why is it needed. If I bought a STD beach it comes with 16" wheels so if I wanted to chnage to 18" later why can't I just slap them on. Do you need the 17" chassis & brakes and what is is it. It ca't be much if your only paying a120 quid from VW

What I want to know is why is it needed. If I bought a STD beach it comes with 16" wheels so if I wanted to chnage to 18" later why can't I just slap them on. Do you need the 17" chassis & brakes and what is is it. It ca't be much if your only" paying a120 quid from VW
You can put 18" wheels on any Cali, whether it has the upgraded brakes or not, but you can't put 16" wheels on a Cali with larger brakes e.g 180, 204 etc

You can put 18" wheels on any Cali, whether it has the upgraded brakes or not, but you can't put 16" wheels on a Cali with larger brakes e.g 180, 204 etc
Well that would be obvious to me but it does not answer the question what is the 17" chassis & brakes and brakes part.

We were in the dealer yesterday, he suggested that lights and vision was still an extra cost option and the uprated anti-roll bars are also cost option. There has been some changes to the mfsw and ACC in MY17 it forces one of two options. One at £330 and the other TBC. The dealer was also just as frustrated with the brochure as everyone else.

Provisional build week approaching.....

Have started to make a few purchases;

Stainless Steel worktop protectors

and...
L44VWC.png

Hi. Just saw your thread. Congratulations on the order, great options list! I ordered on May 23rd and have a provisional build week of Jan 9th! yes Jan 9th. I would be keen to hear how yours progresses and hope I get a revised date.

Heard nothing from my dealer but suspect the same.

Mike

Hi Loz

If it helps we ordered first week of June, were told at the time that the provisional date for build was week 36 - we got a message to say it would actually more likely be week 37 (week ending September 18th). Contacted our dealer yesterday just to say "any news by any chance?" (having followed the Cali delays thread for months) only to be told that it has been built and awaiting shipment (expected mid/end October). panicked when we first read the email - had really expected it to arrive after Christmas - but now SO excited and making lists of everything that needs doing in preparation.

I think Brian Bongo ordered at around the same time and has similar good news so here's hoping that it really will be week 38 for you....

Best, Wind Witch

Just spoken to my man and he says our Cali is right at the finishing end of the production line and will be on its way to the port within 48 hours. :)

As a matter of interest, does anyone know how long it takes for a new Cali to pass through the production line (all things being equal, of course)?

Update from my man Lewis this morning...

I have just checked and your California is now built and on its way from the factory to the German shipping port! It could then sit at the German port for up to 7 working days whilst they consign it to a ship. It then takes up to 48 hours to be shipped. It could then sit at UK Port for up to 7 working days whilst they consign it to a transport lorry and get it on site with us. However I will keep you updated along the way.

So for us;
Ordered 7/5/2016 (week 19)
Provisional build of week 36
Confirmed build week 38
Build completed week 39