Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So we need the new Old News icon?

DavidofHook

DavidofHook

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I have just been Old Newsed and feel a bit irritated.
If it really is old news why is that a problem? The club has new members all the time and what may seem old news to some may a be a revelation to them.

It serves no real purpose. All it does is raise hackles unnecessarily. We are a friendly and civilised club and this icon doesn't help on that respect.

I would like our Aminstrators (Kev? Martin?) to remove it.

What do others think?

David

I agree,

but not saying with whom :D (old jen)

I like the way you were old news'd on a four year old post. Back then it was just 'news'. So in theory he was right to old news you. Perhaps they will visit all four year old threads and old news every single post.

Personally I see no difference to the " Disagree " button being used without an explanation.
At least with " Old News " it means the subject has been mentioned before and you can the use the -Search- function to look it up.
Yes, but it was 4 years old Welshgas

David

I have just been Old Newsed and feel a bit irritated.
If it really is old news why is that a problem? The club has new members all the time and what may seem old news to some may a be a revelation to them.

It serves no real purpose. All it does is raise hackles unnecessarily. We are a friendly and civilised club and this icon doesn't help on that respect.

I would like our Aminstrators (Kev? Martin?) to remove it.

What do others think?

David

I was accused of being in a time warp when I responded to a thread that someone else had resurrected. No need for it.

Personally I see no difference to the " Disagree " button being used without an explanation.
At least with " Old News " it means the subject has been mentioned before and you can the use the -Search- function to look it up.
Yes, but it was 4 years old Welshgas

D of H - You could have simply hit disagree.

I have just heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mafekin has been relieved!

So it was in fact " Old News " and may now be incorrect. I don't know, but as @hotel california said, some people do not check the Posting Date, it is quit small and in a very pale font colour, and if something has changed then I don't see why labelling it " Old News " is wrong. It stops people maybe making a decision on old, out of date information.
Anyway, 1 complaint and it has gone. Pity the rest cannot go as well so people have to explain rather than click a button. I agree with @hotel california .
Just because a post is not recent does not make it 'incorrect ' or 'out of date' as you put it. Just because it is a certain age does not make the content 'Old News'. At what age does a post become 'old' anyway?
If there is something wrong with a post let us have the good manners to explain why in a further post.

It was not a good icon and I am pleased that the Administrators listened and It has gone

Can we now draw a line under this and get back to talking about our holidays :thumb

Mike

I am definitely going to visit a VW show next year possibly camperjam I haven't been for 5 years.

I like the icons, they are quite fun and it saves loads of people posting the same comment in a thread. The Welcome one is very useful in that respect.

This thread is hilarious, coupled with 150mph Cali's and the impending Russian invasion I'm losing the will to live. I think a bit more camper van positivity is needed. Anyone camping this weekend apart from @Loz ?

Back