Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So where are you....

In Van mode shifting furniture to Bristol. The trip let me test the LED headlights and high beam assist. The headlights are brilliant (see what I did there?).

;)

In Van mode shifting furniture to Bristol. The trip let me test the LED headlights and high beam assist. The headlights are brilliant (see what I did there?).

;)
Welcome to Bristol. Quite a few of us here

Mike

Thanks Mike, We like Bristol very much but I'm back home in Shropshire now, I have family in Pill and travel down quite regularly. I did I see a couple of Calis parked and one being driven, silver, lowered, with a bike rack.

In the Hare and Hounds, Hawkser about to start a 3 course food fest !

Yummy.

...message ends...

The two above me have just filled me with overwhelming jealousy :sad

As home serving Za'atar dressed roast lamb, roasted mediterranean vegetables, an absolutely glorious 2009 burgundy and awaiting the arrival of two of the most boring dinner guests I could ever dream up :sad

How I yearn to be a thousand miles away in Albert ......

The two above me have just filled me with overwhelming jealousy :sad

As home serving Za'atar dressed roast lamb, roasted mediterranean vegetables, an absolutely glorious 2009 burgundy and awaiting the arrival of two of the most boring dinner guests I could ever dream up :sad

How I yearn to be a thousand miles away in Albert ......
I presume their not California owners then!:thumb

Eating a Curry overlooking the Guadiana River....with a fully fettled and ready Cali parked outside...late teens C during the day...

Ahh, the mystery of the centre laner

A being never to be understood by other motorway drivers. :(

In my sons house in Brisbane. It is a hot 28 degrees and our grandsons are running us ragged. Cockatoos in the trees, palms in the garden, No Cali though!

In my sons house in Brisbane. It is a hot 28 degrees and our grandsons are running us ragged. Cockatoos in the trees, palms in the garden, No Cali though!

How long did it take you to drive there? :shocked

How long did it take you to drive there? :shocked
We didn't actually drive this time Jen!
But it was 22 hours in the air plus a 2 hour stop off at Dubai. Plus, of course getting to Heathrow 3 hours before take off. Plus leaving home to get to Heathrow.......... etc a total travel time of 29 to 30 hours. I always have to have a rest when I do that sort of distance in the Cali so we flew.!
Emirates are very good, treat you like a Sultan (Sultana for Mrs DoH). Still felt like death when we arrived (jet lag and someone has had the temerity to suggest too much alcohol on the flight) (not true of course):happy

4am looking across a moonlit Vallée D'Ossau toward the silvery snowclad Pyreneean mountains. Panko our van safely parked below stripped of her bench seat after lugging boxes across from our rental home to our 'new' doer upper we bought in August. One year in France after moving from Bristol and still loving it!

Christmas Market in Stein am Rhein. Staying here overnight on a parkfield next to the river. Love my cali!

Christmas Market in Stein am Rhein. Staying here overnight on a parkfield next to the river. Love my cali!
771b75815c562038e4c87df95990b7e7.jpg

Sitting at home counting down the days until the Cali is delivered

On board a boat doing a trip fuelled by mince pies and mulled wine. Then home to phone AA....flat battery in van again. I'll definitely be out in it more often in 2017!

Views through the glass ceiling....

IMG_4571.JPG IMG_4574.JPG

Please please please stop it so envious. I've got to go shopping with the boss :help

On the bus having sold SWMBO's Mazda MX5.:shocked
Pick up her new one tomorrow. :D

And the replacement is ?

Mike
Well, It was decreed that it had to be small and fun. So we visited all the main dealers and had many test drives and the decision was made when she was overtaken by a Smart fourtwo at Culverhouse on The Tumble on the L hand bend at 60. We hadn't gone to the Mercedes dealer as we didn't realise they sold the Smart. Deal done and picked it up yesterday, 90hp Passion. Insurance took a while to sort out as it wasn't on their database - Computer says there isn't a 90 only 84hp. Now sorted and she is away.
She only does trips to Cardiff and the Vale as we use the California for everything else.
At least its easier to get into than the MX5 and easier to park.:thumb

Well, It was decreed that it had to be small and fun. So we visited all the main dealers and had many test drives and the decision was made when she was overtaken by a Smart fourtwo at Culverhouse on The Tumble on the L hand bend at 60. We hadn't gone to the Mercedes dealer as we didn't realise they sold the Smart. Deal done and picked it up yesterday, 90hp Passion. Insurance took a while to sort out as it wasn't on their database - Computer says there isn't a 90 only 84hp. Now sorted and she is away.
She only does trips to Cardiff and the Vale as we use the California for everything else.
At least its easier to get into than the MX5 and easier to park.:thumb
Very nice, never driven one but a good complimentary vehicle when you have a Cali.
We had a Touran and and an MX5 and loved them both. Was easy for us as we moved into the city the MX5 went to my eldest in London (now gone) and the Touran to my middle lad in Bristol so I still have use of it when required.
MX5 was great fun and the Smart sounds like it is as well.

Mike

Just arrived back in DERBYSHIRE after 900 mile trip from SW France. Why do the drivers on motorways insist on driving in the central lane when inside lane is empty?????
Lamentable driver training, on the phone, listening to music via earphones, simply not paying attention to their suroundings, lack of respect, no manners etc. etc.......no wonder car manufacturers are developing driverless cars. We are all becoming very skilled at doing stuff poorly and blaming others..........oh.....will stop there or I will never stop this post. (Having a bad day!!)

Back