Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Social isolating - Not!

Good man - wish i had some work to go to and i would be tempted to do the same! Think I might get the spade out and do a touch of gardening if that sodden wind would subside
That wind is finally drying up all the winter rain we’ve had.

I’ve been decorating all day and just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this.

Who gives a monkeys about the exact wording or what someone said that contradicted someone else. These people are trying to stop a virus spreading and there’s people on here obsessed with every comma and full stop and possible interpretation of the guidance.

It’s obvious that you can’t leave it up to everyone to be sensible, there have to be simple rules. These aren’t laws that committees have spent months fine tuning. The spirit and purpose of them is obvious. If anyone thinks it’s more important to find a way round them so they can have a walk they need to have a good look in the mirror. Yes you could travel 100 miles, 10 miles whatever isolated in your car, don’t touch anything, don’t break down and need a breakdown truck, whatever.

We all need to follow the obvious intention of the guidance and stop this nonsense.

Mike
Very well put.

Its not case of finding a way around them. It’s a recognition that people’s circumstances are different. It is possible to both drive a car and still follow the intent of the guidance. They are not mutually exclusive.

Of course it’s possible but not desirable for the greater good as most don’t.

What’s more important, less deaths or a walk in the countryside.

I’m not trying to change minds or even debate this, some have been trying to do this all day without success.

Mike

I have a 5 year old child who rides his bike on a pavement
Unfortunately that is very definitely illegal, not under the new legislation but Section 72 of the 1835 Highways Act.
Fortunately, Children under the age of 11 are below the age of criminal responsibility, unfortunately, you as a parent could be held criminally responsible, however it is highly unlikely such an offense would end up being judged in the courts.

Of course it’s possible but not desirable for the greater good as most don’t.

What’s more important, less deaths or a walk in the countryside.

Mike

As always there is a balance to be struck. If everybody did it may be harmful. If only the people who consider it essential in their circumstances do it, it would likely be harmless.

As always there is a balance to be struck. If everybody did it may be harmful. If only the people who consider it essential in their circumstances do it, it would likely be harmless.

The more important balance to consider are the consequences of people not acting correcting.

I’m done with this.

Mike

The more important balance to consider are the consequences of people not acting correcting.

I’m done with this.

Mike

You appear unable to envision any circumstances other your own. Bye then :)

You appear unable to envision any circumstances other your own.
You appear to think everyone will behave like you allegedly (take sensible precautions) but they didn't or won't hence the rules and request for people to stay local / at home... Plus absolute numbers make a big difference

Last edited:
yes I agree totally when people start trying to find ways round or excuses the rot sets in.
It's simple
STAY HOME no equivocation

There is nothing in the law, or the intent of the guidance or morally to suggest you should not drive to a local place to exercise. The view that you should not is simply an opinion, which is not based on the current government guidance. It’s not a loophole, its just acceptable.

You appear unable to envision any circumstances other your own. Bye then :)
Lightning - don't know you, but it appears every time you come on this forum you pick an argument. Let’s just agree to disagree with people and move on. Please. It is obvious that Scoobz1 feels strongly about this so why are we having a pop at each other. We all want this to end and I for one will be doing all in my powers to help - let’s not argue over this.

Lightning - don't know you, but it appears every time you come on this forum you pick an argument. Let’s just agree to disagree with people and move on. Please. It is obvious that Scoobz1 feels strongly about this so why are we having a pop at each other. We all want this to end and I for one will be doing all in my powers to help - let’s not argue over this.
Well, although I have had a pop at nobody this time, I agree with your sentiment.

I’m done with this.

Mike

It’s harmless pub talk Mike. Every moment we spend going around in circular arguments is another moment we are definitely not driving to the countryside to infect the hoards of people already there.