Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar kits ready for 2022 with some minor upgrades

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
We are all set for 2022 and are fully stocked with our, now standard, 100w Dual-EFTE all black panels. These panels have been performing flawlessly and I have 180 in stock and another 200 being manufactured in April for mid May delivery so I should not run out this summer like i usually do!.

Some minor incremental upgrades as I get feedback from all our customers:

- Bracket nuts AND washers are stainless steel now - so they can't rust
- I've upgraded the plastic fuse holders to rubberised sealed units with rubber caps - they can't become disconnected by accident and are totally sealed electrically. Just better quality overall.
- I'm now putting a small length of 50mm wide clear protective ("heli") tape in each kit. This is to put on the roof, under the rear panel, where the electrical connector is tucked away. I have had several customers ask if the connector will damage the roof paint, and the answer is no - in all the years, I've never had one scratch the paintwork. However, for the small cost to me, I thought it would be nice to put some in the kit for your peace of mind :)
- I've upgraded the protective foam strips on the back of the panels to a more dense EPDM foam tape. It's thinner and tougher. There was nothing wrong with the foam I previously used but supply was getting challenging and in the search I found a better product!
- We now offer a 300w kit for the truly "off grid" buyer who wants as much power as will fit on the roof!

We are all set for 2022 and are fully stocked with our, now standard, 100w Dual-EFTE all black panels. These panels have been performing flawlessly and I have 180 in stock and another 200 being manufactured in April for mid May delivery so I should not run out this summer like i usually do!.

Some minor incremental upgrades as I get feedback from all our customers:

- Bracket nuts AND washers are stainless steel now - so they can't rust
- I've upgraded the plastic fuse holders to rubberised sealed units with rubber caps - they can't become disconnected by accident and are totally sealed electrically. Just better quality overall.
- I'm now putting a small length of 50mm wide clear protective ("heli") tape in each kit. This is to put on the roof, under the rear panel, where the electrical connector is tucked away. I have had several customers ask if the connector will damage the roof paint, and the answer is no - in all the years, I've never had one scratch the paintwork. However, for the small cost to me, I thought it would be nice to put some in the kit for your peace of mind :)
- I've upgraded the protective foam strips on the back of the panels to a more dense EPDM foam tape. It's thinner and tougher. There was nothing wrong with the foam I previously used but supply was getting challenging and in the search I found a better product!
- We now offer a 300w kit for the truly "off grid" buyer who wants as much power as will fit on the roof!
Great - I'm gearing up to order. What are your prices, installed?
Is there still a VWCC member discount?

Hi - there is a 5% VWCC discount. Email me (real email, not message on here as I often miss them) when you are ready to order and I'll send a code by reply.

Price depends on your kit onfiguration. There is a link to my site below this, in my signature. Installation cost depends on MPPT choice, but is between £80 and £140.

Great - I'm gearing up to order. What are your prices, installed?
Is there still a VWCC member discount?
Thanks for that. I am about to order and hadn't realised there was a VWCC discount. You just saved me £25. :thumb