Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Solar Panels in all of our kits for 2019

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
I am quite sure I removed the white tape. It might be that the california makes noises I have forgotten in these kind of speeds which I rarely drive in. I will make sure they are really tight fit and have not moved tomorrow.

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
You have the new thicker panels. They are bent over the roof tight. It would take some real work to make them move - try and wiggle them by hand - they won't.

I honest can't guarantee anything at 100mph, but they really should not "flap" or move at all unless a bolt is loose.

kave

kave

Vehicle
T6 Beach 4Motion
An update on this. I had to try it really hard on the second day of autobahn. Up to 200km/h now, there is a flapping sound but it is probably not the panels. They are sitting really good on the roof. I can confirm there is no issues going 160-200km/h for hours with the panels.

1whitesamurai

1whitesamurai

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
An update on this. I had to try it really hard on the second day of autobahn. Up to 200km/h now, there is a flapping sound but it is probably not the panels. They are sitting really good on the roof. I can confirm there is no issues going 160-200km/h for hours with the panels.
I did that many times with the “old” panel and also no problems at all

S

ShmBK

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
roger, would you by any chance be doing a black friday/winter sale this year? so many upgrades and not enough money!

1whitesamurai

1whitesamurai

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
roger, would you by any chance be doing a black friday/winter sale this year? so many upgrades and not enough money!
Roger , I would be more interested in a black version frame ........?

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Roger , I would be more interested in a black version frame ........?
Sorry. My summer sale was a one off . Nothing planned .

We will be closing at Xmas until Feb 15th.

R

kkp0897

kkp0897

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi Roger,

I reply with anticipation, will you be having many California 6.1 solutions please?

Cheers

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
As long as the roof slots are the same (most likely) then there will be no change regarding solar.

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
It is interesting to see if it will be possible to move the panel to the front of the roof, and get the wiring thru the new antenna on the T6.1 …

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
As long as the roof slots are the same (most likely) then there will be no change regarding solar.
The roof on the T6.1 is identical to the T6 roof, except from the mounted antenna in the front.

Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
It is interesting to see if it will be possible to move the panel to the front of the roof, and get the wiring thru the new antenna on the T6.1 …
Have to correct myself here. Wouldent make sense since the antenna is not located on the moving part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Swissian

Swissian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anybody know if it is still possible to use the hook up electricity when you’ve got the solar panel fitted?

I got a panel from Roger earlier this year and I’m very happy with it, but as the winter is coming and the panel will not be producing as much charge, or maybe even covered in snow, can I still use hook up?

Cheers

L

Lightning

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Does anybody know if it is still possible to use the hook up electricity when you’ve got the solar panel fitted?

I got a panel from Roger earlier this year and I’m very happy with it, but as the winter is coming and the panel will not be producing as much charge, or maybe even covered in snow, can I still use hook up?

Cheers
Yes

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
You can indeed. The solar regulator will

a) see the battery as full the moment you hook up, and therefore back right off. Even on the brightest of days.
b) you get next to nothing in the dark grey winter days anyow.

Roger Donoghue

Roger Donoghue

VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 Beach
A notice - that is on our website too:

We close for winter from 20th December (2019) Until 14th Feb (2020). Last orders for 2019 need to be in by 13th Dec. All orders after will be queued and shipped on return.

I've premade loads of Cali and MP kits, so when I return they will go straight out.

Still taking and dispatching orders up to the 13th of Dec.

Our Partners