Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

South of England, whats with the weather winter 17/18?

We may be about to experience a sudden stratospheric warming event, which contrary to the name can bring bitter cold easterlies to the UK so the rain may stop but only to be replaced by cold weather.
I'll take some of that...
Or even a white blanket of snow to crunch through would be welcome.

Did you get the crunchy hail that we had here a little while ago?

Not enough for snowshoes or a snowman, but it did try.
NO but even that would make a nice change :D
We have had some .....uht hum (looks around and whispers) sunshine today.
Filled the van :rolleyes: with 2 tea bags, a kettle full of water, 2 small kit kats and a small bag of malteasers, 1 child, one cocker poo, SWMBO and myself. Went to Hill Head near Lee-on the Solent. I ran to Stokes Bay and back (10k Bloomin' windy) and they walked the dog. Perfect timing as we all arrived back at the same time for our chosen chocolate and a brew. Back home before I stunk the Cali out quick shower then straight in the Hot Tub :thumb ....now I could do that more often than I get the chance.

Sounds Perfeck. The sun was lovely indeed.

One question: Who went without? :confused: 2 adults, 1 child, 1 cocker, but only 3 snacks...

We were on the opposite side last Saturday, at Calshot, after having stopped for a soup lunch and some bird watching at Inchmery. I was at Calshot reminiscing about my track cycling days there in the velodrome

Well, my daughter had her own water, wont drink tea for love nor money. There are always dog treats in our pockets and he finished the water before it went in the kettle so no being missed out.
Ah yes the velodrome at Calshot. The one and only velodrome I have ever set foot in. They are pretty intimidating in the flesh huh? I was only there being nosy one day and watched a few amateuer sessions but oh my life the wind and the noise was so much more dramatic than I expected from TV land.

Back