Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare Part Shortages - Beware

westfalia

westfalia

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Big waiting time for some stuff here in Germany too.
Mercedes has a problem as one of the factories that
manufactured a part for them was washed away in the horror flooding
this year.
3 months lead time on some building materials etc.etc....
Its not the Br#xit thats for sure.

Material prices have quadrupled and I dont know why.
Has anyone worked out why?

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I am shocked, they only replaced 1 spring when the 1st one broke?
I am sure if you went in with an out of warranty van and needed a new spring they would say you should change both sides??
Oh yes, they quoted for a pair. Then when I pointed out the warranty should cover, it only needed one...

Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Agree with that but conversely, when a Primary factory (Vw factory) iif unable to produce saleable vehicles, May switch priority to parts orders,
to avoid holding stock at the factory (which they have to pay for) .

chuck in a global Pandemic etc and you can imagine how this has / is impacting supply chains and will continue to do so for some considerable time on and off.
Impressive dissertation. Many thanks for the Operations Management perspective.
And there was me just blaming Brexit!

reserves

reserves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
My Beach failed its MOT for the second year running, Rear Nearside Spring has broken. Last year it was the offside one. Fortunately the Five-year extended Factory Warranty will mean I am not paying £293, but I have now been told that the springs are on back order, they hope to get one on Monday!

Don't know whether this is Brexit, COVID, or HGV driver shortages, but beware if you are booking your vehicle in for work that supply issues could affect turnaround time.

Meanwhile the Cali expert is away and some other roof warranty issues can't be looked at properly until next week either...

Only picked up the email after hours, so I will be calling the dealer tomorrow to ask about an alternative vehicle!

Could be a good time to upgrade to the VW 30mm lower springs, they make a huge difference and could be in stock!

Ch1pbutty

Ch1pbutty

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Stoneybroke

Stoneybroke

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My Beach came back on Monday 27 Sept.
The spring was only available for fitting on Saturday 25th, when the fault was discovered on Wednesday 15th!
Unbelievable.

Meanwhile, they looked at the roof tape, removed and replaced it I had questions about white marks inside the poorly applied tape.

All sorted and the roof got the all clear.

But it came back, having been driven on the M6, with one roof clip undone! Complaint acknowledged.

I cannot fault the Factory Extended Warranty - I paid £395 for it, and the no quibble work, plus hire car this time (though they kept that quiet on other occasions) means it has paid for itself several times over.
That said, I would have preferred it not to have required the repairs...

VW California Club