Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Speed Camera download

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Has anybody downloaded the latest speed camera database from Pocket GPS onto a SD Card and installed in a California 6.1 Discover Media Pro? My subscription with them has lapsed so before forking our £19.99 would appreciate some feedback. Had previously installed in a Mercedes Estate and it was useful, covered the whole of Europe. I don’t tend to speed but it’s a useful reminder/warning of cameras.

Be careful, If you get caught with the database installed in France get your wallet out.

Be careful, If you get caught with the database installed in France get your wallet out.
Aware of that but thanks for flagging it anyway.
On the issue of penalties, I believe the fine in Austria for using a dashcam is €10,000 for the first offence!! Not sure how strict they are but wouldn’t want to risk it.

Aware of that but thanks for flagging it anyway.
On the issue of penalties, I believe the fine in Austria for using a dashcam is €10,000 for the first offence!! Not sure how strict they are but wouldn’t want to risk it.
But mainly means you can’t post dash cam footage online because of their privacy laws.

Our Garmin satnav reads safety zone when you are coming up to a speed camera in France but in Spain it reads Speed Cameras...I suppose Garmins way of getting round it.

Back