Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spluttering Tap

Fergie Collier

Fergie Collier

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My sink tap is clicking when put on but sometimes no water comes out and then all of a sudden it splutters out. I thought it was an air block so filled and drained through the system to bleed air out. No success - still the same. Has anyone came across this problem ? Could it be a pump problem ? Any advice welcome - thanks

My sink tap is clicking when put on but sometimes no water comes out and then all of a sudden it splutters out. I thought it was an air block so filled and drained through the system to bleed air out. No success - still the same. Has anyone came across this problem ? Could it be a pump problem ? Any advice welcome - thanks
Does the pump sound as if it’s running smoothly? Might be worth bypassing the tap contacts to make sure there’s not a bad contact causing an intermitant connection.

Thank you for responding. I hear a click - no pump operating. If i either leave the tap on or switch on and off it eventually comes on. So it could be the pump ?

Thank you for responding. I hear a click - no pump operating. If i either leave the tap on or switch on and off it eventually comes on. So it could be the pump ?
Sounds strange that you get some water out if the pump is not running. I Would disconnect the tap switch under the sink and test the pump by linking the 2 wires that go to the pump. If the pump runs it would suggest it’s the tap contacts that are failing. See #77 in this thread…..