Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Starlight blue or bamboo garden green

J

jmf

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Is there much difference in keeping the starlight blue or bamboo garden green clean and free of scratches. One dealer told me the the blue shows up scratches but not sure whether that was because he wanted to sell me the green!

I've the bamboo and came from a T5 in the (?) 'midnight' blue, which looks similar to the images I can find for starlight
I'd agree with the dealer vs marks but more importantly I'd mention the way it looks with daily grime. The bamboo has some of the greys' ability to hide daily grime, whereas the blue just looked dirty.
The grey and to a lesser (but useful) extent the bamboo can still look clean after weeks of use.

I haven't seen the starlight in the flesh but would think it would show scratches up a bit more than the green as it's darker. But they will both show scratches (go white if you want to minimise evidence of scratches). Advice above about the grime makes sense. Which colour do you prefer? I'd go with that!

We have the Bamboo Garden Green on order, originally ordered white (sensible head) but then saw the green and had to have it. :bananadance2

Every dark blue I have had has been worse than black for showing scratches. I current have a carbon black (blue black)BMW which is terrible for this. I would get Bamboo

As above all dark paint shows swirls scratches no matter what u do...if you cant stand it looking swirled and scratched in the sun go for a light colour white or silver..... green will show swirls and scratches have no doubts about it ...

I've the bamboo and came from a T5 in the (?) 'midnight' blue, which looks similar to the images I can find for starlight
I'd agree with the dealer vs marks but more importantly I'd mention the way it looks with daily grime. The bamboo has some of the greys' ability to hide daily grime, whereas the blue just looked dirty.
The grey and to a lesser (but useful) extent the bamboo can still look clean after weeks of use.
Starlight in the flesh is very dark - I would say almost blue black. I've gone for Acapulco blue as everything I've amassed for my vans is blue or grey.

The two camper vans near my house are both starlight blue and look great.

One more to join them soon. Mine

We have starlight blue - a great colour which has a slight sparkle in the sun - BUT - I agree it needs frequent washing to look clean - like all dark motors it shows even the slightest dirt. In summer it also gets very hot in the sun - so go for A/C++ (or a white topside)
It does show scratches - and I can't work out how deep they are - probably just in the lacquor top coat. I find they polish up to be almost invisible unless in bright sunshine - and the worst ones I have haze-removed then polished
Having said all that we really like the colour and are very happy to live with these minor issues

I have starlight blue and agree word for word with others. It does show scratches and gets dirty very easily. But for the 10 minutes it is clean it looks outstanding. All said, I wouldn't get the colour again because of the scratches issue.

Back