Starting to get spring feeling...

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Yesterday, I enjoyed a lovely drive in the Cali, sunglasses on, window open, warm weather sunshine.

I know the Cali is a year round vehicle but I am really starting to get excited for the coming spring ad summer.

This year we are doing much more of the UK and intend to get into France. I cannot wait.

ditto yesterday but today back to dull and overcast :(

Yup , spring is there...'
I mowed the grass today...:confused:

Spring? Just walked my dogs in thick fog, seeping drizzle and temperatures definitely not into double figures :sad

Further into the City and no grass to mow.

Mike

Spring is here for sure grass has been cut and most importantly ovals been out and about, happy days

Jet washed the patio yesterday - as it dried the dogs then trampled all over it with wet muddy paws from the still damp lawn.

Table and chairs to come out of the summerhouse if it stays fine.

frog spawn in the pond

Roger that.

Van fueled and ready for launch.

Over.

Ps. How's that awning looking Kev?

We keep checking but to be honest we are struggling with most suppliers being out of stock of most things.

Started the Spring clean on the Cali this week. Soon be polished and waxed ready for the summer. Better get Will Smith's Summertime on.

Spring time trip and cycle ride. Off to wareham thanks to Californiacamping vlog. Getting some training miles in on the bike for my sponsored 100km ride for women's cancer. Ride the night ( mrs Speleo)

Yes!
Had some heavy rain and snow, a tiny earthquake and wind past few days however yesterday was just sun and wam weather. My cali is packed for an other day at the slopes and afterwards I'd like to stay somewhere close to a lake...

As in follow of others above....beautiful morning here.
View from my attic window( house that is...)
IMG_4568.JPG

How does that song by Jazzy Jef & The Fresh Prince goes.....?
Or is that just a bit to early , lets stick to spring ...

This week : pressure-cleaned the patio, scarified the lawn, planted the potatoes etc to prepare for knee replacement this morning. All done by 10.00 a.m. Looking forward to rugby this afternoon. Pulse a bit low- I think I used it all last night watching Wales! Not sure this is making sense but I'm feeling good except I won't be able to drive my beloved Cali for six weeks!

GrannyJen, you shock me:shocked

I suppose that's why you are into bio-degradable plates etc: to compensate.:Grin

Nope.

The previous owners of our house could never get grass to grow on our back lawn. The history of our house is that in 1930 it was the clubhouse of the first tennis club in the area. In 1935 it was then enlarged, doubled in size, before being sold on.

When we bought it we also had miserable luck in getting grass to grow, lots of weeds, lots of moss but no fine grass. However being a nosey historian I dug out the old village plans and noticed that our back garden, which protrudes into a bend in the road, had, in 1920, an entrance off the road. So, two men and a digger, a trial hole dug, and yes, as suspected. Topsoil dumped directly on to tarmac. What is now our back garden was in 1930 a covered area, an early car park.

Too expensive to dig it all out so covered over again and artificial grass laid.

Back