Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Steve from Wales

nasa959B

nasa959B

Ocean, 150 DSG.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, wife and i are looking at California Ocean 150 Auto. Not signed yet though.
May be some one can give me some advice, the local dealer is offering 5% on New one.
Is this the going rate of discount on a New vehicle?

Hi and welcome ,
there's a tread on discounts....

May be some one can give me some advice, the local dealer is offering 5% on New one.
Welcome. Is your Dealer Sinclairs in Cardiff?

7-8% plus extra discount in the form of deposit contribution on finance even if you don't want finance take it and pay it off to get that free money.

We had a snotty email from someone at Peterborough along the lines of 'there's at least a six month wait so don't even bother asking for a discount' even though we hadn't asked for anything other than a brochure and info on where were could view one! We ordered through Northampton (Mark - lovely chap) and he gave us a discount without us even asking. Not sure what the percentage was - not a huge amount - but it was a nice gesture and much appreciated.

We had a snotty email from someone at Peterborough along the lines of 'there's at least a six month wait so don't even bother asking for a discount' even though we hadn't asked for anything other than a brochure and info on where were could view one! We ordered through Northampton (Mark - lovely chap) and he gave us a discount without us even asking. Not sure what the percentage was - not a huge amount - but it was a nice gesture and much appreciated.

I wonder it the person who sent the email has read "101 Ways of Not Making a Sale Now or in the Future" ;)
Dealerships seem to forget that they need repeat sales to be successful. :headbang

I'm sure that my dealer told me that he/they get bonuses based on the profit. I've no reason to doubt him.

I wonder it the person who sent the email has read "101 Ways of Not Making a Sale Now or in the Future" ;)
Dealerships seem to forget that they need repeat sales to be successful. :headbang
Amazingly some of them also seem to forget that these days people share experiences on forums:rolleyes:

I had the same problem with heritage Bristol, but I did ask about discount. He asked me if I'd had a price which the answer was yes, and his reply was sorry we wouldn't be interested in pricing. So carrs vw got the order and gave 7% without even asking and an extra £750 vw contribution. Well happy