Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Still undecided..

This is getting silly, why on earth would you part with that kind of money, even if your lucky enough to be minted???
Screenshot_20201218_115126_uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch.jpg

I know, main VW dealer just popped up on auto trader search.

Car rims aren't load rated for vans so wouldn't be legal and invalidate Insurance. Hub converters are like wheel spacers and may increase the load on wheel bearings and change caster angles on the front.
If it looks cool why care.

Didn't get your point there.

Was referring to All Season versus Winter tyres for most of the time in UK.
No comparison made to Summer tyres.

I've been up hills with Summer tyres where others with Winter tyres have failed. Secret is to be very smooth with virtually no power applied. Many make the mistake of thinking that more power will overcome initial start of wheel spin.

It could be argued that a 4x4 will have better braking than a 2WD due to engine braking on all 4 wheels. This is especially the case when driving in slippery conditions using the accelerator to control speed instead of the brake pedal.
The point i was making is no matter what wheel drive you have, when it comes to braking and stopping, two different vehicle with summer tyres on will act the same. 2wd and 4wd doesnt make the slightest bit of difference. Winter/all season have a higher silica compound and are therefore softer which makes the tyre grip more under braking. We had all seasons on our old 2wd Meriva. Made every bit of difference in cold weather for braking. Only negative on all-season is that they do wear quicker in higher summer temps given the softer compound and also don’t return as good mpg. On our Meriva it was about 3mpg difference.

Think I have answered my own question.
Looks like they might have delayed the change.............
So For clarity and insurance purposes Ocean classes as private/light good? Or something else. Ready to start trawling for insurance quote for our new one!

Car rims aren't load rated for vans so wouldn't be legal and invalidate Insurance. Hub converters are like wheel spacers and may increase the load on wheel bearings and change caster angles on the front.
HRE forged wheels are TUV certified (one of the few wheel manufacturers that have this certification). They are weight compliant for a Cali. The wheel adapters will need some investigating depending on where the Cali will be registered. A simple front wheel alignment should check if there are any adjustments necessary after installation.

Back