Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Still undecided..

J

Jandy61

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hello again
So house sale now very near completion so funds available soon..
We are still unsure if we should order a coast with 5.5k of options
Part Leather seats #
Towbar. #
Mud flaps, 4 keys, fuel tank #
Heated windscreen #
Led lights
Heated seats
Fog lamps
Rear camara
Roof bellows
£54, 400 drive the deal

Or an ocean + options # £2874
£60,760 did
So about 6 k difference, could buy lots of other kit with 6k, like second set of winter wheels+tyres and other none Vw toys like paddle boards, kayaks dry suits bikes, etc etc
Also when would be the best time to order as a price increase is on the way, along with Brexit issues?

Very similar spec to my coast order. My difference was even smaller though as I added 2 other ocean standard options (privacy and devonports) in addition to what you have.

Didn't want auto roof, climatronic, sat nav, dig cockpit or anything related to driver assistance which are the big ticket items that account for the difference. Really just saw them as potential extra maintenance for things that I didn't see adding any benefit to the vehicle for me.

54400 seems a very good price especially since you have the leather seats and heated windscreen which I don't.

We ordered a Coast with a few options too. Whilst the difference in price between a Coast with items added and an Ocean may not be huge, any money saved on such a large purchase is good. If a 150 Ocean was available, the price difference would be less and might have made the Ocean a more attractive option.
I find the Coast interior preferable too . The Ocean interior is just too grey!

Very similar spec to my coast order. My difference was even smaller though as I added 2 other ocean standard options (privacy and devonports) in addition to what you have.

Didn't want auto roof, climatronic, sat nav, dig cockpit or anything related to driver assistance which are the big ticket items that account for the difference. Really just saw them as potential extra maintenance for things that I didn't see adding any benefit to the vehicle for me.

54400 seems a very good price especially since you have the leather seats and heated windscreen which I don't.
Good to see others do up spec a coast too, as you can see above, a lot of options would still be needed to add to the ocean, there’s only two of us so don’t really need rear climate, I use apple carplay sat map which is fine, we don’t like the Cali cloth seats much, I’ll probably buy a nice set of 17 inch alloys and use the 16 inch alloys for winter tyres, buying outright and planning to keep 10 years so not interested in reselling issues, probably will add extended warranty

Good to see others do up spec a coast too, as you can see above, a lot of options would still be needed to add to the ocean, there’s only two of us so don’t really need rear climate, I use apple carplay sat map which is fine, we don’t like the Cali cloth seats much, I’ll probably buy a nice set of 17 inch alloys and use the 16 inch alloys for winter tyres, buying outright and planning to keep 10 years so not interested in reselling issues, probably will add extended warranty
We will add limo tinted rear film after delivery

We ordered a Coast with a few options too. Whilst the difference in price between a Coast with items added and an Ocean may not be huge, any money saved on such a large purchase is good. If a 150 Ocean was available, the price difference would be less and might have made the Ocean a more attractive option.
I find the Coast interior preferable too . The Ocean interior is just too grey!
You can get a 150 ocean in the U.K., im guessing your not

Hello again
Part Leather seats #
Towbar. #
Heated windscreen #
Led lights
Heated seats
Fog lamps
Rear camara
Roof bellows
£54, 400 drive the deal

£60,760 did
So about 6 k difference, could buy lots of other kit with 6k, like second set of winter wheels+tyres and other none Vw toys like paddle boards, kayaks dry suits bikes, etc etc
Also when would be the best time to order as a price increase is on the way, along with Brexit issues?
If you are planning to keep for 10 years, the "buy 4" service deal looks good value

Hello again
Part Leather seats #
Towbar. #
Heated windscreen #
Led lights
Heated seats
Fog lamps
Rear camara
Roof bellows
£54, 400 drive the deal

£60,760 did
There's no better time to order than now, because you can expect c.5 month wait, and VW are still offering to cover WTO duty if no-deal Brexit arises, if you order in 2020. If that doesn't hold true (and some on this forum are cynical that it will), VW are offering your deposit back...so nothing to lose?

You can get a 150 ocean in the U.K., im guessing your not
Yes, you’re right, my mistake. Part of our decision was whether we’d be happy with a 150. We decided that we couldn’t justify the additional cost vs the benefit.
It’s very easy when specifying a Cali, to keep adding just a little more.
We costed the bare minimum we’d be happy with vs everything we’d like and then compared the two vehicle prices. It helped us to determine that we didn’t want to spend the extra money.

There's no better time to order than now, because you can expect c.5 month wait, and VW are still offering to cover WTO duty if no-deal Brexit arises, if you order in 2020. If that doesn't hold true (and some on this forum are cynical that it will), VW are offering your deposit back...so nothing to lose?
Interested that you say VW are still offering to cover WTO duty if you order in 2020. I thought the cut off date was 2nd Dec. Where did you get this information from?

Anyone figured out what happens to VED prices when the rules change in April 21?

If you google VW UK Twitter you will be able to see the tweet they posted. I have emailed it to my dealer seeking clarification. I ordered on 8 December but have no idea when delivery will be.

Interested that you say VW are still offering to cover WTO duty if you order in 2020. I thought the cut off date was 2nd Dec. Where did you get this information from?

Yes, you’re right, my mistake. Part of our decision was whether we’d be happy with a 150. We decided that we couldn’t justify the additional cost vs the benefit.
It’s very easy when specifying a Cali, to keep adding just a little more.
We costed the bare minimum we’d be happy with vs everything we’d like and then compared the two vehicle prices. It helped us to determine that we didn’t want to spend the extra money.
Yes, I think if We went for an Ocean I’d then start thinking of a 4 motion... but we do have a skoda with the all wheel drive and you do pay at the pump and extra oil services, plus still need winter spec tyres to get the benefit in winter

Think I have answered my own question.
Looks like they might have delayed the change.............

If you google VW UK Twitter you will be able to see the tweet they posted. I have emailed it to my dealer seeking clarification. I ordered on 8 December but have no idea when delivery will be.
I've just made inquiries with a California dealer. They were unaware of this VW offer. Thought it might be for cars only.
I noted on the information of the offer just posted, "The final price at the discretion of your retailer"

I've just made inquiries with a California dealer. They were unaware of this VW offer. Thought it might be for cars only.
I noted on the information of the offer just posted, "The final price at the discretion of your retailer"
Also need to 'take delivery by 31 March'... so very little chance with a California order.
Apologies if I confused the issue by referring to this offer, though despite this, for the OP there'll be no better time to order than now if the dealer will guarantee deposit return if WTO tariff applied, as Drive the Deal and Eurovans Crawley did for me.

Spoke to dealer again. The price protection on any WTO duty is not being extended from 2nd Dec for Californias.

Back