Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

StopLock Pro, Advice needed.

you need the stoplock pro elite
No just the ordinary Pro. Elite has a bigger crank in the arm.

Needed an Elite for our little Citroen C3 due to its Airbag bulge but no use on my T6.

I ordered a pro elite too for my new Beach Camper which picked up yesterday . Went to put it on this morning and have to say it feels a bit loose and can turn the wheel a bit when on ...does anyone else find this had one years ago which was a much tighter fit and couldn’t turn at all ??

I have had my Elite a while now. It is a bit loose as you have noticed but I think it does need to be to enable easy fitment. There is no way the vehicle can be driven once it is in place. just the sight of it will deter the opportunist piece of scroat.

Hi all,
I have read a few threads and the StopLock pro seems to be one of the better visual deterrents.

Can someone tell me if this fits ok with the multi function steering wheel?

Thank you.
Could anyone tell me if the stop lock pro elite fits the 2021 ocean 6.1 steering wheel please . I’ve checked on the stoplock product page and the 6.1 isn’t listed Unfortunately.

Don’t know about the 6.1 but it fits our 2019 Ocean DSG 150 (T6)

87C486CE-195D-4F76-A216-FCD4223AC978.jpeg

Just the Pro version needed the Elite version has too much of an arm crank.

The pro fits perfectly on the 6.1. And on the plus side my steering wheel is extra sensitive so if you don't lift it slightly at the same time as you try to unlock it the horn goes off. Extra security

20210905_145702.jpg

The pro fits perfectly on the 6.1. And on the plus side my steering wheel is extra sensitive so if you don't lift it slightly at the same time as you try to unlock it the horn goes off. Extra security

View attachment 83992
Always fit mine pointing the other way and never a horn beep.

To be honest I don't mind. All adds to the security

View attachment 83992
Thanks very much. I’ll order the pro instead

Aldi have the Pro Elite for £39.99 next week, other sites have it at just over £50, manufactures literature says it will fit a T6 but recommends the pro, which are about £45n on Amazon.

Has anybody got a Pro Elite on a 6.1 and does it fit ok, or should I go for the Pro.

Aldi have the Pro Elite for £39.99 next week, other sites have it at just over £50, manufactures literature says it will fit a T6 but recommends the pro, which are about £45n on Amazon.

Has anybody got a Pro Elite on a 6.1 and does it fit ok, or should I go for the Pro.
Pro Elite has a more pronounced crank to the arm.
Elite doesn't fit the T6 and as far as I know the T6.1 steering wheel is the same,
Pro is the one to get.

I have an Elite model for the car (has a bigger steering wheel centre bulge for the Airbag) and have found it no good in the T6, flops about and hard to fit.

Thanks for confirming which one fits best. Shame as good price at Aldi.

We have the Stoplock pro Elite and it fits our T5.1. Its a bit fiddly and you need to protect the top of the dash to save it from marking.
We keep a couple of microfibre cloths in the door for this purpose.
They are as strong as you will get for a (Handy size) steering wheel lock although there are others that completely cover the steering wheel, the problem is where do you store them when not in use.

Comparison photos between Pro & Elite Stoplocks

20220129_162348[1].jpg20220129_162432[1].jpg20220129_162513[1].jpg

Stoplocks are Pro top pic, Elite 2nd pic and pic to show crank difference.

The Elite fits but is clumsy to fit and rests on the dash. Pro sits between the seats, Elite will but takes up more floor space

Comparison photos between Pro & Elite Stoplocks

View attachment 88680View attachment 88681View attachment 88682

Stoplocks are Pro top pic, Elite 2nd pic and pic to show crank difference.

The Elite fits but is clumsy to fit and rests on the dash. Pro sits between the seats, Elite will but takes up more floor space
Looking at the 2 I would now have gone for the Pro and not the Elite it seems the pro is a much more of a snug fit although they both do the job.

Looking at the 2 I would now have gone for the Pro and not the Elite it seems the pro is a much more of a snug fit although they both do the job.
I have the Pro and it is snug fit, but worry it may trigger the horn, as it sits on it, done this a couple of times whilst fitting and removing. Anybody tampering with it are more than likely to sound the horn.

The Stoplock guide is confusing also, recommends the Pro for a T6 and elite for T7, I assume this is the multivan rather than 6.1, which does not look to be covered. The steering wheel on the multivan looks to be very similar to the T6.1 so maybe elite is the better option.

Screenshot 2022-11-01 at 15.47.10.png

The Elite has a more pronounced crank to the arm to suit vehicles with a 'bulge' in the steering wheel centre.
T6 needs the Pro version and T6.1 has a flat bottomed steering wheel steering wheel according to the brochure which looks the same as the T7 one shown in the that brochure.
Flat bottomed steering wheel is probably a carry over from the Golf as it's a common modification by Transporter Owners.

From that I'd advise waiting to do a trial fit without purchasing first. Or find a local helpful Pro owner to try his.

It isn't easy to tell without a test fit, eg I needed the Elite for our little Citroen C3.

It isn't easy to tell without a test fit, eg I needed the Elite for our little Citroen C3.
Yes may get an elite from Amazon to trial against the Pro and keep the best fit returning the other.

For t6.1 I originally got elite but it was much too loose so swapped for pro which is much better fit. Halfords we’re happy for me to try both in their car park!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have now tried both the pro and elite Stoplock and whilst a tight fit decided the pro was the better option for me, the elite had too much of a bend in it and was a loose fit and because of its shape a little more difficult to get on and off. The pro is a tight fit and have to be careful not to press the horn when fitting or removing. Anybody trying to remove are likely to sound the horn.

Considering buying a Pro, do these mark your steering wheel?

Back