Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Strava...

Just signed up for the following ride. Will most likely be my first 100 miler (if I make it to the finish).
Anyone else fancy taking part, with maybe a neaby Cali night on the Saturday?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/wiggle-supe...0-sportive-25th-sept-2016-sun/?sku=5360737911

Did my first 100 miler at the beginning of June, really enjoyed it (I think...). Did quite a bit of prep on my longer rides in terms of nutrition/ fluids etc. Make by own energy bars (recipe on British cycling website) which means I carried 6 with me (quite small, two bites!) and then four energy gels (used High 5 but now on SIS). In total for the 100 miles in my two bottles did about 3.5 litres (one bottle with electrolyte etc) of fluid (quite warm). At the end felt pretty good fluids wise which meant a beer (or two) went down well! Also had an SIS protein gel when I finished which helps recovery (from the ride, not sure about the hangover...)

To be honest only used four energy bars and two gels as picked up a couple of flapjacks on route at the two feeding stations.

All depends on the course (mine was reasonably flat), personal requirements but best to try out any supplements etc before the event. Only other advice is what everyone says about pacing yourself, some seemed to think it was a race but I found I chugged round and went past some later ( the competitive streak always lurks despite best intentions!).

Sure you will enjoy it, seems like a good event....good luck!

Oh breakfast.....various recommendations but went for the Team Sky Chefs recipe ( there's a video somewhere!) of 'mueseli' type stuff, oats, nuts, orange juice and milk.....tasted pretty good and lasted until first energy bar at 25 miles!

Welcome - I've been very lazy recently :(

Just joined, I'm Rick Burne on Strava. Cycling running and swimming in East Sussex.

Managed to get out and rack up a few miles with a few CX sportives. Dropped 12kg in the process so now down around the 114kg mark. Legs are starting to come back!

I've just joined (William Snell). Mainly running, but some cycling when the weather is good. Just got a Vortex trainer for indoor spins. I know Strava can lead to performance anxiety so I'll get my cycling excuses in and say that most of the holiday rides involve towing two dogs in a trailer!

Nice set up. i have 5 dogs 2 collies, 2 terriers, 1 lercher. but they don't go with me when i cycle.

Hi folks.just joined, interesting to see the routes where you all are
I was wondering about doing Strava in my van
I do not keep a diary, but can look back at our summer hol, in the van, and see from my walks,runs and rides where we were....butmcertain bits I forget .
If I kept Strava running in the van, I would have a complete record
Or is there another app for that sort of thing, as Strava is obviouly about sports, and I could see I would have to leave all my clubs( 3) as I would get sill kom s etc

I just done search on Apps that track your route and i got this, ''route tracker 2" and it looks like you can save the route. Hope this helps.

I also joined... as a runner mostly though I occasionally go on a MTB trip.
Still recovering a bit from the Polar circle marathon (42.2km+21.1km) 2 weeks ago though.

I just done search on Apps that track your route and i got this, ''route tracker 2" and it looks like you can save the route. Hope this helps.
I will give it a go, Thanks
My other option, which I may use, as I am so used to Strava, is to open a different account, that I keep private, for van journeys, and my usual account for the bike
Let's see how it goes
It is interesting seeing where all you folks are, and your routes
Maby we should have a cycling and van meet up sometime!

I think you can run faster than I can cycle :D