Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Swivel seats

C

Chinny

Hello wonder if anyone can help do all t5.1 front seats swivel ie standard thanks

Hello wonder if anyone can help do all t5.1 front seats swivel ie standard thanks
Ah, Swivelgate.
I think it was only the T6 that had the Option of Comfort Seats that were height adjustable but did not swivel.
I have a 2014 T5.1 that has swivel seats and they were standard.

Thanks is there anyway to check online what work has been done to a 61 plate t5.1 180biturbo ie egr issues I’m considering one but know how risky it is cheers

Ah, Swivelgate.
I think it was only the T6 that had the Option of Comfort Seats that were height adjustable but did not swivel.
I have a 2014 T5.1 that has swivel seats and they were standard.
I’m looking at a 61 plate 58000 miles 180 anyway of confirming what work has been done by vw over the years or advise on treating the egr problem before it may happen much appreciated

Thanks is there anyway to check online what work has been done to a 61 plate t5.1 180biturbo ie egr issues I’m considering one but know how risky it is cheers
You might be able to get the VW service history from Dealership using the VIN.
Oil analysis for Aluminium.
Compression test.
Change EGR Cooler to D version.
Blank off EGR
Not all 180s are affected. Mine is a 2014 now on 134,000 + miles . Zero oil use between annual services.
Those that are affected show signs of increasing oil consumption commonly around 60,000 miles.

You might be able to get the VW service history from Dealership using the VIN.
Oil analysis for Aluminium.
Compression test.
Change EGR Cooler to D version.
Blank off EGR
Not all 180s are affected. Mine is a 2014 now on 134,000 + miles . Zero oil use between annual services.
Those that are affected show signs of increasing oil consumption commonly around 60,000 miles.
Thanks is yours manual the one I’m looking at is 4motion with the diff lock apparently got hill hold but no button for it? 80 litre tank as well not sure if seats are heated roof looks clean as well

Thanks is yours manual the one I’m looking at is 4motion with the diff lock apparently got hill hold but no button for it? 80 litre tank as well not sure if seats are heated roof looks clean as well
No DSG, 4 Motion , no diff lock.

No button for hill hold, it’s a function of the brakes on a slope over a certain angle. The brakes slowly release when you take your foot off the pedal, to save having to use the handbrake for a hill start. Is the van a private or dealer sale ?

No button for hill hold, it’s a function of the brakes on a slope over a certain angle. The brakes slowly release when you take your foot off the pedal, to save having to use the handbrake for a hill start. Is the van a private or dealer sale ?
It’s a dealer fvwsh upto 2016 then independent 58000 miles

I would look at buying a Cali from a VW van centre, proper warranty backup if any issues. You need to give the pop top roof and front roof panel a good check for bubbling/corrosion which was rampant in this era. Loads of help on this forum, use the search facility to look up key words etc. You need a bit of a heads up on these vehicles if you're new to them. Oh, and prices are coming down at the moment and lots for sale, don't rush into a purchase. Good luck.

I would look at buying a Cali from a VW van centre, proper warranty backup if any issues. You need to give the pop top roof and front roof panel a good check for bubbling/corrosion which was rampant in this era. Loads of help on this forum, use the search facility to look up key words etc. You need a bit of a heads up on these vehicles if you're new to them. Oh, and prices are coming down at the moment and lots for sale, don't rush into a purchase. Good luck.
Cheers I’m well up with these vehicles been obsessed for 20 years got a t5 with the se roof fitted but the girl has done 276000 miles now and it’s looking tired the one I’m thinking about is low miles good nick got most of the important bits I want ie 4 motion diff heated seats it’s manual but I can live with that it’s from a reputable dealer offering 6 months warranty I’d see about getting them to change the egr as part of the deal thanks for your reply

Cheers I’m well up with these vehicles been obsessed for 20 years got a t5 with the se roof fitted but the girl has done 276000 miles now and it’s looking tired the one I’m thinking about is low miles good nick got most of the important bits I want ie 4 motion diff heated seats it’s manual but I can live with that it’s from a reputable dealer offering 6 months warranty I’d see about getting them to change the egr as part of the deal thanks for your reply
Obviously, don't forget the forum ads, quite a few 4 motion for sale.