Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 California Roll Call

Hi reserves,

VW. Campersales at Burgess Heath West Sussex, are currently showing two T4s for sale. I bought my T4 Cali Event from them last December, they were very helpful.

One is a syncro. Although it doesn't say anything about diff locks. But still, that is a rare beast. I'm tempted...

Thanks for all the replies!

I'll check them all out, very helpful.

I'll start a new thread with what I find as I've made this one a little off topic!

Rich

TwentyOneThirtyFive said:
Good stuff. Hope you get it sorted before your week away.

dan

All Sorted. Paul at kombi werks fixed the problem. He also fixes fridges ;)

Please count me in the Roll Call - I have a paprika red 1991 California. Owned for mere 8 years and have loved every aspect of her ownership. I had a 1.9tdi fitted in 2010 to replace the original 2.5 petrol engine....the tdi is better in EVERY respect bar the extra noise!

I have AC fitted and a night heater, so has a factory fit tow bar plus the very rare extra row of removable seats (therefore mine can be a 6 seater bus) - otherwise standard bar the following:

1.9tdi (I manage 35-40 mpg)
Aftermarket 18" RS8 alloy wheels
Colour coded bumpers
Hifi upgrade
Tinted rear windows (helps the greenhouse effect!....really helps the kids stay cool)
Replaced on board charger with a 20amp 3 stage
Fitted an intelligent charging relay - night and day better than standard fit

Sadly can't upload a pic at this time - however the old girl has a lovely shine and her condition defies her age. I actually viewed a new t5 Cali and thought hmmmmmm no thanks!....mine is only halfway through her life!.

Great resource here, please get in touch if I can help the community :)

Danny

Blimey, we're swelling in numbers.....I think we'll be ready to launch a take over bid soon ;)

Did I mention I'm off to France in 9 days time.? 18 days in the bus.
WHAAA HA HAAAA (Evil laugh).

S. :cool

EP Lee said:
Here's how I bought it. The interior did it for me. ;)

551923_4318375805253_869063855_n_zps182e9dbc.jpg

That looks sweet. I bought mine from there....it's great, now I've put right all of the little faults. :lol:

S

Attachments

• 551923_4318375805253_869063855_n_zps182e9dbc.jpg
    551923_4318375805253_869063855_n_zps182e9dbc.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
HI everyone!!
- Just wake up really really tired - after a long cali vacation - 32 days of Denmark, Germany, Austria, Italy, Monaco, France, Spain, Andorra, France, Germany and Denmark again -

All done on a lot of diesel and mosquito spray and a little oil and water.. I am super impressed with the old girl - She did a superb job -

Pictures are coming ones I get my head around being back home..

And EPLee - looks really nice.. :eek:

You could at least have popped into Belgium for a beer or two?

Good effort. :cool

s.

Hi Sidepod..
You are absolutely right I should have - But after a lot of Spain and France without highways - Yeah you read right - We didnt have room in our stomachs - so much nice food and brewery :bananadance

Cool trip. Looking forward to the photos.

dan

Poor Betty Bus is having a fuel pump transplant tomorrow. I think it will be more painful for me than her...

I'm not sure I'll miss the "will she start?" lotto though!

dan

:D Yeah Dan - I am sending you all my best wishes on the procedure..

But dont worry, she will do fine.. :thumb
And the lotto - Im sure you will survive without it.. :D

Dan,

I think Betty is getting a bit like Triggers Broom (Only Fools + Horses). It's had three heads and five handles.

Are you sure it's still the original Betty?

Do you mean injection pump? Sounds costly.
My bus is in today for a pump re-time. It's been running a little lumpy low down of late so I took it to a local T4 God with a massive reputation. He asked if the fuel pump timing had been set with a dial guage or simply set with the cam timing when the belt was changed. I guesed at the latter.
I know these engines (2.4D) are a bit fussy when it comes to injection timing.I like the sound of dial guages and verniers. Sounds accurate.
I'm expecting good results from this.

S.

haha, feels like it recently - it's been one thing after another. I think the steering wheel is still the original :D Yes, it's the injector pump. And yes, very very costly.

Still, get this sorted and then we can head off and have some more adventures. Yay!
dan

sidepod said:
[

That looks sweet. I bought mine from there....it's great, now I've put right all of the little faults. :lol:

S

There's always a few little faults but it's stuff that you'd get anyway. New exhaust etc. The electric gremlins are to be expected for the age. Tthe charger actually blew up in a cloud of smoke on Friday night :eek: :x :lol: so I'll be looking to sort that out soon.

You can fit any electronic car charger, there's room beside the original charger under the fridge. I used a cheap Halfords charger for 3 years in our old Cali, the original Westfalia charger is a few hundred quid.
Ron.

Retiredron said:
You can fit any electronic car charger, there's room beside the original charger under the fridge. I used a cheap Halfords charger for 3 years in our old Cali, the original Westfalia charger is a few hundred quid.
Ron.

Hmmm be careful there. The original charger does three important things. One, it is capable of properly charging gel batteries, something the Westy has fitted as standard equipment. If you have gel batteries fitted then a cheapy from Halfwits wont do the job.
Secondly the original charger has two seperate outputs, one for the leisure batteries, the other for the main engine starter battery. In other words, all batteries on the vehicle charge when you're plugged into the EHU.
Third, the original is silent. Put in a cheapy and the hum will keep you awake at night.

See why they cost so much?

S.

sidepod said:
Retiredron said:
Ron.

Hmmm be careful there. The original charger does three important things. One, it is capable of properly charging gel batteries, something the Westy has fitted as standard equipment. If you have gel batteries fitted then a cheapy from Halfwits wont do the job.
Secondly the original charger has two seperate outputs, one for the leisure batteries, the other for the main engine starter battery. In other words, all batteries on the vehicle charge when you're plugged into the EHU.
Third, the original is silent. Put in a cheapy and the hum will keep you awake at night.

See why they cost so much?

S.

I have a mate that works in electronics and I'm hoping he can provide a fix. ;)

Get your mate to look here http://www.t4-wiki.de/wiki/Ladeger%C3%A4t_A10

My cousins T4 Cali Coach's charger went up in a puff of smoke two months back. I told him to take the charger out and bring it around. I could see the capacitor had blown. He then bought a replacement from Maplins for about 70p and a mate replaced it. Hope the link helps. Oh by the way I have a 97 California Coach.

welshwestie said:
Get your mate to look here http://www.t4-wiki.de/wiki/Ladeger%C3%A4t_A10

My cousins T4 Cali Coach's charger went up in a puff of smoke two months back. I told him to take the charger out and bring it around. I could see the capacitor had blown. He then bought a replacement from Maplins for about 70p and a mate replaced it. Hope the link helps. Oh by the way I have a 97 California Coach.

Capacitor fixed now. Just need to fit and test it.

Is yours a long nose?

Excellent work. Welshwestie. Welcome on board.

I have a friend fluent in German. I'll get a copy translated.

S. :thanks

Back