Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T4 - wiper control arm - multi function

T

Theaggregator

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
I'm looking for a replacement multi function, wiper control arm part No. 7D0953503B for my T4. Any suggestions where I might find one most welcome. Thanks

Just out of interest... Does anyone know if you can retro-fit a multi-function wiper arm with a 'regular' version...

Just out of interest... Does anyone know if you can retro-fit a multi-function wiper arm with a 'regular' version...
I'd think it a bit more involving than just swapping out the stalk and plugging it in. Chances are the whole instrument unit would need upgrading too.

I'd think it a bit more involving than just swapping out the stalk and plugging it in. Chances are the whole instrument unit would need upgrading too.

I did the cruise control arm upgrade, that was a swap out and switch on in the ECU via the software... Was just wondering if it would be the same...

I did the cruise control arm upgrade, that was a swap out and switch on in the ECU via the software... Was just wondering if it would be the same...
Would be nice if it was that simple but…
45295Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 11.00.46.png

Thank you. The reference is for suffix D rather than B; do you think/know whether "D" would work on my T4 Cali Westi 1992
Hmm. Yeah I noticed that once I'd posted. Couldn't say for sure. On reading the listing further I'm not sure they'd ship to the UK anyway. Might not be a problem for you though as I see you're London and France based. The pictures on the listing are pretty detailed. You may be able to make a comparison.

Thanks I spoke to someone at a spares supplier and they said the parts are not interchangeable. I've scoured German Ebay found two items but one had been sold the other the seller couldn't find!! So I need to widen the search.

Thanks I spoke to someone at a spares supplier and they said the parts are not interchangeable. I've scoured German Ebay found two items but one had been sold the other the seller couldn't find!! So I need to widen the search.
Has it just given up working or is there another reason for the need to replace?

How odd. All I do with mine is switch the wipers on and off. I don’t bother with the display.

Are you sure you've got a 1992? That dash and stalks look like they're from a much newer model.

I would give the calicamper folks a call, they're breaking T4s all the time...

Are you sure you've got a 1992? That dash and stalks look like they're from a much newer model.
Sorry 2002, which I bought in 2016 so not sure of detailed history. The problem is that the front and back windscreen wipers run continuously and will not turn off whilst the engine is running! I'll go back to garage on Monday to double check part number. They have contacted their German VW suppliers who have searched high and low but could only find the left hand arm. Proving very difficult to locate the Multi function lever arm.

You have a MF arm and you want a non-MF arm?
My guess would be that this would be no problem. I guess you just can't use the MF in the instrument cluster anymore.
The other way, going from non MF to MF is useless because your instrument cluster doesn't have Mf.

Sorry 2002, which I bought in 2016 so not sure of detailed history. The problem is that the front and back windscreen wipers run continuously and will not turn off whilst the engine is running! I'll go back to garage on Monday to double check part number. They have contacted their German VW suppliers who have searched high and low but could only find the left hand arm. Proving very difficult to locate the Multi function lever arm.
Does VW not sell them anymore? The car is not 20 years old? So the parts would still be available at VW. Yes, you will have to pay the full jackpot for it, but you will have the right arm.

Was the part number you quoted from the actual stalk fitted on your camper?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interested to know what symptoms you’re getting with your wipers and what journey has lead to you deciding the stalk needs replacing. I’ve read about a bit and other forums suggest it could be the wiper relay which is a much easier (and cheaper) fix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a similar problem in that when I start the car the wipers start moving for an indeterminate time. They also come on once in a while when I use the signal lights. Have changed the relay twice with no success.
On other forum mentioned it could be the wiper motor but that doesn't make sense on starting and signal light.
Looking for the part right now 7D0953503D

Back