Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T5 California roof non op

2009California

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I have a 2008 RHD California which we just purchased in California. We have no previous history on this van.
It came to us with a seized 5 pot diesel. Now running after a bunch of effort. The issue at hand is that the top will not operate. The control was working until I dropped it down to hook up the rear view mirror wiring. Now the control panel will not light and the AC is stuck on. I am trying fiurst to get the control panel working again and then on too why the top will not operate.

Stacy

Sounds good :thumb

Did it come with a remote for the heater ?

So today we pulled the front headliner and found the Pump and the Black Box. By a process of elimination we think the Black box is bad.
We tapped into the power plug which goes in to the motor and put 12Volts and the top works. Information on this and finding anyone that knows these systems is difficult. We talked to a guy that breaks these and he offered us a Black Box for Free.
As everything else on the control panel works properly, it must be the black Box. We will see. If you ever want to pull the headliner, let me know I can give you some pointers.

Stacy

Back