Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Lane Assist

Well this is all very confusing! Picked up our MY23 Ocean last week. Specced it in October 2021 with Driver Assistance Pack Plus. Seems to have all that including the little green symbol of the road on the dash, or orange when it loses the road lines. It “tries” to keep you in lane but it’s rubbish. Had one on my previous vehicle, BMW 3 Series and it was ace, and before that on a Passat GTE (MY18) and again it was very good.

Well this is all very confusing! Picked up our MY23 Ocean last week. Specced it in October 2021 with Driver Assistance Pack Plus. Seems to have all that including the little green symbol of the road on the dash, or orange when it loses the road lines. It “tries” to keep you in lane but it’s rubbish. Had one on my previous vehicle, BMW 3 Series and it was ace, and before that on a Passat GTE (MY18) and again it was very good.
The Cali, unlike other VW’s does not try to keep you in lane. It will nudge you with a rumble and slight pull if you go over a line without indication but that is the extent of the lane assist. The other feature is it will let you know if you‘re not central in the lane, but that is it. It won’t try and adjust you, just bing until you move away from the line you’re too close to.

Last edited:
The Cali, unlike other VW’s does not try to keep you in lane. It will nudge you with a ruble and slight pull if you go over a line without indication but that is the extent of the lane assist. The other feature is it will let you know if you‘re not central in the lane, but that is it.
Makes sense, that’s what it’s doing, thanks!

It does however pull you back into lane if you move into another vehicles path when it appears in your blind spot. That works well.

I think it is equally rubbish as the hand wave control of the media system. Useless, absolutely useless and a huge disappointment as I was expecting the same as they have for other models since it is marketed like that

I think it is equally rubbish as the hand wave control of the media system. Useless, absolutely useless and a huge disappointment as I was expecting the same as they have for other models since it is marketed like that
Totally agree on that one. It’s supposed to reduce driver distraction - it does tge exact opposite !

So even the fully active system isn’t active like it is on say a VW Golf where you lightly hold the wheel and the car steers itself basically as long as it can see the road markings and/or a car in front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So even the fully active system isn’t active like it is on say a VW Golf where you lightly hold the wheel and the car steers itself basically as long as it can see the road markings and/or a car in front?

No

A different system

Back