Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Auxiliary Heater - help needed please!

Visio 3000

Visio 3000

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I love my T6 better than anything else and even more than the Belgian beers..... and this says a lot!!! LOL

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
I have just checked and I cannot find the ability to operate the heater either via the WeConnect app or the web based version.
So have it confirmed from the We Connect team. Unfortunately I can’t operate the Aux Heater from the App. (Suspect this is the case for some of the other nice to have functions too). A bit disappointing because the Cali is definitely a vehicle that this would be very useful on. See below:-

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Digital Services.
We would like to inform you that you are already subscribed to the We Connect Plus online services, as the first 3 years are offered for free (in your case until 06/11/2023).
When the services are near expiry, you will be reminded so you may choose whether you wish to renew them for a one or two year period.
However, your vehicle does not support the “Online Auxiliary Heater” function.
The above is not a license related issue but a vehicle configuration matter and the function cannot be retrofitted.
The We Connect app adapts its interface to the functions that the registered vehicle can support.
We thank you for your understanding and wish you always pleasant journeys with your Volkswagen California.
Yours faithfully,
Your Digital Service Team

Ray Jordan

Ray Jordan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all...
You definitely cannot operate the heater from We Connect Plus :(. (only switch on and off from last saved setting on the Heater remote key fob)

I must admit that I am a little disappointed with the We Connect app.. It could be a lot better I feel, function wise. It would have been really great if all the functions on the Control Panel could be reflected in the App for instance.

You cannot Lock or Unlock the Cali from WeConnect Plus.
WeConnect Plus will tell you if the doors are locked or unlocked (I guess that's what VW mean by "Manage")

You can get receive a notification (as long as this is set from the app on your phone) to tell you that the vehicle alarm has gone off and the notification will distinguish if the alarm was caused by a trailer or light board being unplugged.

You can receive a notification that your Cali has moved out of "pre configured by you" areas.

You can also set up a speed alert to notify you if your Cali has exceeded a set speed - quite why you will want that I don't know. Maybe useful if you hire the Cali out.

You can activate (pulse) the Horn and/or (flash) the lights if you want??!!? from the WeConnect Plus app. Presumably to find where you parked your Cali if you need to (or maybe frighten somebody off)

The Discover Pro has a software SIM built in which is used by the SOS system, servicing and map updates etc
To enable Internet Radio, media streaming and the Wi-Fi hotspot (use your Cali as a stand alone WiFi hotspot) you have to purchase an additional data plan from VW's chosen provider CUBIC TELECOM.

Instead of a VW data plan, you can create your own Internet connection via “Personal/mobile hotspot” on your Internet-ready end device i.e. tether your mobile device using its own data plan.

:)

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi all...
You definitely cannot operate the heater from We Connect Plus :(. (only switch on and off from last saved setting on the Heater remote key fob)

I must admit that I am a little disappointed with the We Connect app.. It could be a lot better I feel, function wise. It would have been really great if all the functions on the Control Panel could be reflected in the App for instance.

WeConnect Plus will tell you if the doors are locked or unlocked (I guess that's what VW mean by "Manage")

You can get receive a notification (as long as this is set from the app on your phone) to tell you that the vehicle alarm has gone off and the notification will distinguish if the alarm was caused by a trailer or light board being unplugged.

You can receive a notification that your Cali has moved out of "pre configured by you" areas.

You can also set up a speed alert to notify you if your Cali has exceeded a set speed - quite why you will want that I don't know. Maybe useful if you hire the Cali out.

You can activate (pulse) the Horn and/or (flash) the lights if you want??!!? from the WeConnect Plus app. Presumably to find where you parked your Cali if you need to (or maybe frighten somebody off)

The Discover Pro has a software SIM built in which is used by the SOS system, servicing and map updates etc
To enable Internet Radio, media streaming and the Wi-Fi hotspot (use your Cali as a stand alone WiFi hotspot) you have to purchase an additional data plan from VW's chosen provider CUBIC TELECOM.

Instead of a VW data plan, you can create your own Internet connection via “Personal/mobile hotspot” on your Internet-ready end device i.e. tether your mobile device using its own data plan.

Yes it’s a bit underwhelming. :-(
I’ve got a Vodafone contract with unlimited data so will be using that.

C

CaliGE

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all...

As far as I remember I was able to unlock the car using the app.

Ray Jordan

Ray Jordan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Unlock and lock is definitely possible.
Hi all...I am referring to the Weconnect UK iphone app on a MY21 T6.1 Ocean and it isnt possible. You can see that the vehicle is locked or unlocked but no option to lock or unlock from the app. EFD74556-839F-4A64-BE51-4929AA881928.jpeg

R

rhcpu2

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Strange indeed. In my version I have the option as shown below.

Silly question but do you have the most updated version? Did you send an email to the support about this? They are quite responsive, usually you get a reply on the next day.

WeConnect Support • weconnect-support@volkswagen.de

Screenshot_20201121_173150.jpg

Screenshot_20201121_173154_de.volkswagen.carnet.eu.eremote.jpg

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi all...I am referring to the Weconnect UK iphone app on a MY21 T6.1 Ocean and it isnt possible. You can see that the vehicle is locked or unlocked but no option to lock or unlock from the app. View attachment 69690
Same here. Can’t unlock with the App. Doubt i’d normally use it, but I suppose it would be VERY useful if the key was lost or locked in the van.

D0D7E55B-6CF4-43E2-92B4-C915B6D969D8.png

F

frankwu

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
My California T6.1 also failed to heat up. At the same time, there is a new phenomenon, that the heating has been working continuously for 3 hours and cannot be activated. After driving for several hours, it returned to normal when it stopped. Maybe the car finds me boring, give me a little surprise

J

johna

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all...I am referring to the Weconnect UK iphone app on a MY21 T6.1 Ocean and it isnt possible. You can see that the vehicle is locked or unlocked but no option to lock or unlock from the app.
It does work on my MY20 T6.1. I have the arrow as shown on rhcpu2's screenshot, and I've just used it to unlock then lock again. Did you go through the ID procedure of an online video chat with someone and showing them your driving licence to prove who you are? Can't quite remember but I think maybe not all the app functions were available before I did that. Or maybe there's a software glitch - there seems plenty of those. After the last iPhone update, I could no longer play music from the phone. Actually the van's software just did an update yesterday so I need to check if that's sorted.

R

rhcpu2

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
It does work on my MY20 T6.1. I have the arrow as shown on rhcpu2's screenshot, and I've just used it to unlock then lock again. Did you go through the ID procedure of an online video chat with someone and showing them your driving licence to prove who you are? Can't quite remember but I think maybe not all the app functions were available before I did that. Or maybe there's a software glitch - there seems plenty of those. After the last iPhone update, I could no longer play music from the phone. Actually the van's software just did an update yesterday so I need to check if that's sorted.
Right I did that ID verification and I have an Android phone.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
No, not done an online video ID procedure. How do i access that. Don’t recall being asked when setting up.

J

johna

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
No, not done an online video ID procedure. How do i access that. Don’t recall being asked when setting up.
Sorry can't remember exactly but try clicking on Account then Settings in either the phone or PC version, I think you'll find something there. I had to request access and someone called me back a few hours later.

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Sorry can't remember exactly but try clicking on Account then Settings in either the phone or PC version, I think you'll find something there. I had to request access and someone called me back a few hours later.
Thanks, will have a look.

Ray Jordan

Ray Jordan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
You guys are the best... dont have time to look at this now but found this under help in the app
7E59AA56-827F-4F26-BB85-170720BFD1D8.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sad
Ray Jordan

Ray Jordan

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
and what looks like a mobile key function as well... could be the end of sticking keys to the underneath of the Cali

View attachment 69721
Theres more...
Preheat your vehicle on cold days while you're still having your breakfast. The "Online auxiliary heater" service even lets you set departure times, so you'll never have to get into a cold and frosty car again.

Hopefully these are available in the UK

J

johna

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Theres more...
Preheat your vehicle on cold days while you're still having your breakfast. The "Online auxiliary heater" service even lets you set departure times, so you'll never have to get into a cold and frosty car again.

Hopefully these are available in the UK
Sorry to disappoint you but few of those things are actually available on the California/ or in the UK. Look in Help then Your Online Services to see what is actually available.

VW California Club