Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Auxiliary Heater - help needed please!

Hi all...I am referring to the Weconnect UK iphone app on a MY21 T6.1 Ocean and it isnt possible. You can see that the vehicle is locked or unlocked but no option to lock or unlock from the app.
It does work on my MY20 T6.1. I have the arrow as shown on rhcpu2's screenshot, and I've just used it to unlock then lock again. Did you go through the ID procedure of an online video chat with someone and showing them your driving licence to prove who you are? Can't quite remember but I think maybe not all the app functions were available before I did that. Or maybe there's a software glitch - there seems plenty of those. After the last iPhone update, I could no longer play music from the phone. Actually the van's software just did an update yesterday so I need to check if that's sorted.

It does work on my MY20 T6.1. I have the arrow as shown on rhcpu2's screenshot, and I've just used it to unlock then lock again. Did you go through the ID procedure of an online video chat with someone and showing them your driving licence to prove who you are? Can't quite remember but I think maybe not all the app functions were available before I did that. Or maybe there's a software glitch - there seems plenty of those. After the last iPhone update, I could no longer play music from the phone. Actually the van's software just did an update yesterday so I need to check if that's sorted.
Right I did that ID verification and I have an Android phone.

No, not done an online video ID procedure. How do i access that. Don’t recall being asked when setting up.

No, not done an online video ID procedure. How do i access that. Don’t recall being asked when setting up.
Sorry can't remember exactly but try clicking on Account then Settings in either the phone or PC version, I think you'll find something there. I had to request access and someone called me back a few hours later.

Sorry can't remember exactly but try clicking on Account then Settings in either the phone or PC version, I think you'll find something there. I had to request access and someone called me back a few hours later.
Thanks, will have a look.

You guys are the best... dont have time to look at this now but found this under help in the app
7E59AA56-827F-4F26-BB85-170720BFD1D8.png

• Informative
Reactions: Sad
and what looks like a mobile key function as well... could be the end of sticking keys to the underneath of the Cali

View attachment 69721
Theres more...
Preheat your vehicle on cold days while you're still having your breakfast. The "Online auxiliary heater" service even lets you set departure times, so you'll never have to get into a cold and frosty car again.

Hopefully these are available in the UK

Theres more...
Preheat your vehicle on cold days while you're still having your breakfast. The "Online auxiliary heater" service even lets you set departure times, so you'll never have to get into a cold and frosty car again.

Hopefully these are available in the UK
Sorry to disappoint you but few of those things are actually available on the California/ or in the UK. Look in Help then Your Online Services to see what is actually available.

Same here. Can’t unlock with the App. Doubt i’d normally use it, but I suppose it would be VERY useful if the key was lost or locked in the van.

View attachment 69693
Some of the features are blocked and need to be activated through the privacy settings of the vehicle. You can swipe down from the top of the touchscreen and go into the user settings. Some settings for example lock and unlock need secondary authentication by VW to enable once you have enabled it.

Some of the features are blocked and need to be activated through the privacy settings of the vehicle. You can swipe down from the top of the touchscreen and go into the user settings. Some settings for example lock and unlock need secondary authentication by VW to enable once you have enabled it.
I’ll take a look but not sure that’s correct for a T6.1 MY21. As mentioned before, according to the VW digital team it’s available on MY20 and will on MY22 but not on the MY21. Hope you’re correct.

Hi All
Over the cold weather I have really put the T6.1 heater to the test and have been lucky enough to compare it with my old T6 heater, my findings are has follows.
The T6 heater is a much warmer heat and heats up much quicker, the T6.1 is adequate but I would personally like the heater to get to temperature faster and hotter when activating the immediate heat setting, last winter pressing my remote to warm the VW T6 up was unbelievable and walking in the freezing weather to a red hot van was a great feeling, now on the T6.1 I press the remote and even though it’s not cold it’s still not as warm has I would like it.
just my view but overall a unbelievable california