Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Auxiliary Heater - help needed please!

T6LB

T6LB

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of my T6.1 4 motion and have read the instruction book on the heater and watched various videos on you tube. I have it set to the correct mode but its not performing As it should (i have had the T6 prior so i know What heat it can kick out) I have even put the blower on maximum it blows for a few minutes then cuts out.
Has any one had this problem ?????

Hi all,

I have just taken delivery of my T6.1 4 motion and have read the instruction book on the heater and watched various videos on you tube. I have it set to the correct mode but its not performing As it should (i have had the T6 prior so i know What heat it can kick out) I have even put the blower on maximum it blows for a few minutes then cuts out.
It seems to be a common problem, quite a few people have been posting about it on here.

Hi all,

Make sure the operating mode is "Air Aux" and the use the "heat continuously" option. Set it to 10 and report back.

Thanks i have set it on “Air Aux” but not put Heat Continuously to 10 ill try it and let you know, we have been out tonight i put the heater on so the VW would be warm when we got back to the van, on arriving back the heater had switched its self off the van was cold full tank of diesel and battery full

Have you seen this video?

I just posted about exactly the same thing. It’s possible, likely, that all is good. Search this HELP WITH OPERATION OF AUX HEATER ON T6.1

Asked recently whether you can operate the Aux Heater remotely using the We Connect App. I think the answer was no but if you look on the We Connect site it suggests you can? See below.
Will try when I have my van.
D4F0FACA-F094-4CCE-AC4C-5673DCAC50EE.jpeg

Asked recently whether you can operate the Aux Heater remotely using the We Connect App. I think the answer was no but if you look on the We Connect site it suggests you can? See below.
Will try when I have my van.
View attachment 68676
I have just checked and I cannot find the ability to operate the heater either via the WeConnect app or the web based version.

I set it last night just to test it and the heater dose come on quicker and hotter but still dose not seem as good as my T6, i love what VW have done to improve the T6.1 i just feel the thermostat or the fan is different and not as good. Just my opinion

I set it last night just to test it and the heater dose come on quicker and hotter but still dose not seem as good as my T6, i love what VW have done to improve the T6.1 i just feel the thermostat or the fan is different and not as good. Just my opinion
Thats good news its like everything new just takes time to adjust:thumb

There is only one other thing wrong with the T6.1 the SOS warning light to say there is a fault on the system comes on now and again, i think iv figured out why its only when the signal from the van is not available to the Satalite.

I have just checked and I cannot find the ability to operate the heater either via the WeConnect app or the web based version.
Interesting. Do you have a 6.1 with Discover Media Pro? and We Connect Plus?

Hi all,

Hi there, did you see this:

I added some comments as had similar concerns and had the dealer look at it - still can't get to the bottom of continuous vs heat immediately however. Departure time heat settings are also an issue in my opinion as only seem to hold whilst the key is in the ignition which makes no sense. Finally I don't think Cali 6.1 heaters can be controlled on We Connect. Can't comment on comparison with T6 I'm afraid, I think they had settings of 1-7 and reviews seem to say they ran pretty hot on lower settings which doesn't seem to be the case with the 6.1 at least based on my recent experience. Hope this helps.

Hi there, did you see this:

I added some comments as had similar concerns and had the dealer look at it - still can't get to the bottom of continuous vs heat immediately however. Departure time heat settings are also an issue in my opinion as only seem to hold whilst the key is in the ignition which makes no sense. Finally I don't think Cali 6.1 heaters can be controlled on We Connect. Can't comment on comparison with T6 I'm afraid, I think they had settings of 1-7 and reviews seem to say they ran pretty hot on lower settings which doesn't seem to be the case with the 6.1 at least based on my recent experience. Hope this helps.
I’ll no doubt have all the same issues when playing with my new toy. :-(

I’ll no doubt have all the same issues when playing with my new toy. :-(
Lots to be positive about, they truly are amazing vehicles - as I said in the original thread, all normal according to the dealer and works fine in practice :) - just not the flame thrower it used to be it seems with a few niggles for me around the design/software! Maybe something VW can update the firmware on or adjust during servicing over time.

Lots to be positive about, they truly are amazing vehicles
I completely agree! We waited sooo long (48 weeks) for our vehicle it became a joke, but conversely we have used it so much over the last 4 months. With all that is going on right now it is such a great escape capsule, even for just a day out. Cold, wet walk and then back for hot drinks.

Last week we had 5 days in Cornwall (me, Mrs Subthree, the 8yo and 6yo) and we had a such a brilliant time - very special family time in what is a small space. At times the weather was pants and one night the wife and both kids slept downstairs - gusting Force 8! But everyone stayed chilled and it was truly memorable. I just do not think we would have bothered taking them tent camping last week if we didn't have the Cali nor would I be driving 300 miles each way at 55-60mph in a huge MH. The fact that I can cruise at 70+ on the motorway and then pop the top and sleep in it is just amazing. Maybe our view will change in a few years as the kids get bigger, but right now we are utterly in love with our van. :thumb

I completely agree! We waited sooo long (48 weeks) for our vehicle it became a joke, but conversely we have used it so much over the last 4 months. With all that is going on right now it is such a great escape capsule, even for just a day out. Cold, wet walk and then back for hot drinks.

Last week we had 5 days in Cornwall (me, Mrs Subthree, the 8yo and 6yo) and we had a such a brilliant time - very special family time in what is a small space. At times the weather was pants and one night the wife and both kids slept downstairs - gusting Force 8! But everyone stayed chilled and it was truly memorable. I just do not think we would have bothered taking them tent camping last week if we didn't have the Cali nor would I be driving 300 miles each way at 55-60mph in a huge MH. The fact that I can cruise at 70+ on the motorway and then pop the top and sleep in it is just amazing. Maybe our view will change in a few years as the kids get bigger, but right now we are utterly in love with our van. :thumb
Great to hear as your kids get older it only gets better, for me there is no better vehicle its like driving a Swiss Army knife lol