Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach orders

Thought the single seat was only available with the 2 seat bench?

@2haw what is the Caravelle style central armrest you refer to? Do you mean that part of the middle seat folds down?

What are the metal inserts on the dash that some are referring to?

I can’t spot the difference between the dash in the photo of SMG’s Beach versus the photo that @Tarquers uploaded

@2haw what is the Caravelle style central armrest you refer to? Do you mean that part of the middle seat folds down?
Looks like it. You can see the gap in the middle section in the photo.

What are the metal inserts on the dash that some are referring to?

I can’t spot the difference between the dash in the photo of SMG’s Beach versus the photo that @Tarquers uploaded
Brushed metal inlays on Tarquers Euro Beach

F111CCB6-18D8-404C-9DA7-F1D55384BCA9.jpeg

Does annoy me that VW decide to do away with these minor finishing touches for the Beach in the UK. Would of been nice to have had the inserts and blinds!

65k Cali with builders van dash. Disappointing.
Im going to look into retrofitting the front blinds on mine

How much do you think you are looking at cost-wise?
I recall a van listing in the Classifieds where the owner had retrofitted the A pillar blinds into a T5 SE and it was circa £500 if I recall correctly. I actually prefer the fabric blinds (having rented both a T6 Beach and a T6 Ocean previously)

Both i work at the Croydon branch but also have a bayleef 2 tone Beach in order

Retrofitting May be fun. There is a piece on the lower dash for the blinds to slot into and the flaps by the mirror. Hopefully it doesn’t need the whole dash panel. Didn’t take a close enough look to see today but happy to take pics after Tuesday.

Retrofitting May be fun. There is a piece on the lower dash for the blinds to slot into and the flaps by the mirror. Hopefully it doesn’t need the whole dash panel. Didn’t take a close enough look to see today but happy to take pics after Tuesday.
I have had a look at the repair manual the lower dash piece is only held down by 3 plastic rivets so it will be a case of drill 3 holes and pop it on. The upper upper part is remove the upper centre console then the panel screws in from behind the trim its all doable, just down to costing the A pillar trims are £285 each

I have had a look at the repair manual the lower dash piece is only held down by 3 plastic rivets so it will be a case of drill 3 holes and pop it on. The upper upper part is remove the upper centre console then the panel screws in from behind the trim its all doable, just down to costing the A pillar trims are £285 each
great having the inside knowledge! I suspect I will end up with a cap for the windows and windscreen, but the blinds will be a nice to have as a sun blind more than anything. Must be a market for putting solutions like this into a kit.

in case anyone is interested there is space to use the built in gas stove with 7 seats in, rear seat is against the multiplex board with the front part dropped down.IMG_7211.jpeg

great having the inside knowledge! I suspect I will end up with a cap for the windows and windscreen, but the blinds will be a nice to have as a sun blind more than anything. Must be a market for putting solutions like this into a kit.
Im tempted to do it to mine once i know exactly what parts and make a list up. Im based in essex and work in croydon so could offer it as a retrofit or people can have a go themselves if they feel confident on drilling the dash

If you work out how to retro fit the pull out camping stove to T6 Beaches you could have a nice little side line business ;)

If you work out how to retro fit the pull out camping stove to T6 Beaches you could have a nice little side line business ;)
That should only be a case of replacing the side panel trim and install the cooker as long as the trim panel is the same shape and colour for T6 and T6.1. When i get hold of 2 i will have a look. Im going to my other branch next week so i can have a dig about with what stock we have there

I suspect my stove will be a great stand for the jetboil more than anything, in part due to availability of gas bottles but first look makes me think it won’t rattle. Time will tell. I may be wishing I had a second door instead!

dimmable lights in the roof and boot are a great addition along with a decent amount of 12v chargers. I would never have thought to have the fully opening front on the roof but now I have seen it, would definitely fit. Suspect like anything, I would have been happy with a U.K. spec if I never knew what else was out there!

Anyone able to crack the installation of these extras will have a good market in the U.K. I am sure, I know how much people spend on modifying land rovers, hope the market is big enough to attract someone to make it happen.

That should only be a case of replacing the side panel trim and install the cooker as long as the trim panel is the same shape and colour for T6 and T6.1. When i get hold of 2 i will have a look. Im going to my other branch next week so i can have a dig about with what stock we have there
You are about to become every beach owners new best friend!

I suspect my stove will be a great stand for the jetboil more than anything, in part due to availability of gas bottles but first look makes me think it won’t rattle. Time will tell. I may be wishing I had a second door instead!

dimmable lights in the roof and boot are a great addition along with a decent amount of 12v chargers. I would never have thought to have the fully opening front on the roof but now I have seen it, would definitely fit. Suspect like anything, I would have been happy with a U.K. spec if I never knew what else was out there!

Anyone able to crack the installation of these extras will have a good market in the U.K. I am sure, I know how much people spend on modifying land rovers, hope the market is big enough to attract someone to make it happen.
Most of the stuff is all bolt on and nothing too difficult its the costing involved that will put people off. Just to retrofit the A pillar blinds would most probably cost £700-£800 alone. I have noticed anything california is expensive. Im currently replacing a side load door cupboard unit on a grand california that part alone is £3000 for the part its crazy prices.

We’ve just joined the Beach club! Our new Coast will be delivered to us next week, which we’re very excited about, and we’ve now taken the plunge and ordered a Beach to sit alongside it for our camper hire business. Quoted initially via Autoebid (this is how we ordered the Coast) and price matched by @Tomdbreeze. Our experience with Tom was good, I hope he agrees it was an easy sale! We’re told that we can expect June build and July delivery. Ordered in poverty spec red with some extras for the comfort of our hirers.
Really keen to see real life pictures of others’ vans as they start arriving.

Im tempted to do it to mine once i know exactly what parts and make a list up. Im based in essex and work in croydon so could offer it as a retrofit or people can have a go themselves if they feel confident on drilling the dash
Where in Essex roughly?

Back