Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Query on build of 204ps California ocean

S

Sheila B

Hi, ordered new California Ocean 204ps end of march 2017. Just had a call from dealer stating there is a problem and the factory are not currently accepting any orders for the 204. The dealer has no idea what the problem is. Does anyone out there have any information. Many thanks.

Many have reported this the last few days/weeks ....
Was it not something regarding 4motion?

Welcome on your first post btw!

I suspect same issue as I and several others had last year. Mine was also a March order and not built prior to the changes that occur in build spec in May.
In my case I had specked led lights without the wash function. This became compulsory in the MYO 17 build so mine sat there until the additional option of wash wipe was authorised. When it was Cali got built and I did not pay for the option. But of a ramble but yours is probably something similar.
Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Many have reported this the last few days/weeks ....
Was it not something regarding 4motion?

Welcome on your first post btw!
Thanks ,our order was for two wheel drive version ,dealer seemed to think more information from VW in June

Thanks ,our order was for two wheel drive version ,dealer seemed to think more information from VW in June
Thanks very much for the info , not really worried as don't want delivery till Jan/Feb. Was concerned at lack of communication between dealer and VW.
Great forum , has been so useful in helping us to spec the Cali
John & Sheila

I've started looking and a couple of dealers have told us about this. The had and email from vw telling them to not take orders and the 204 option was taken off their systems.

One of the more knowledgable was sure this would be short term and is likely to be due to the changes to specs in the run up to the change to 2018 model that will start production in June.