Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach orders

Shot of my van in the showroom. Blinds present.

B4A47B16-6DE6-4E63-8607-39445BDBA293.jpeg

Super. Let’s see if the UK version has them. I’m anticipating not. But will be delighted if I see them...
The configurator picture doesn't show them on either beach variant but does on Coast & Ocean, but its VW so who knows?

I know all the euro spec ones I have seen have A pillar blinds. Can’t imagine that they won’t in UK, but then...
I wouldn’t rely on Euro spec as confirming whether on UK spec. The A pillar blinds were introduced to the European Cali Comfortline (from T5 if I recall correctly) quite a few years before they were introduced in the UK Ocean (from T6)

Would think it would be cheaper to make it standard on everything rather than need a separate version for one market, but what do I know.

Would think it would be cheaper to make it standard on everything rather than need a separate version for one market, but what do I know.

Its not a specially made item for the beach, it would be the same as for a caravelle etc.

I’m hoping on seeing some metal inserts on the Beach dash aswell.

Shot of my van in the showroom. Blinds present.

View attachment 74246
Looking at your photo, it seems that your van does also have the metal dash inlays that I hope also make it onto the UK Beach. It clearly states standard dash on the UK configurator though so I’m not holding my breath.

I just spoke to my dealer and they’ve had a red T6.1 Beach demo arrive.

As we thought, It doesn’t have the A pillar blinds. He has promised to send me some photos of the dash and seats later today.

I just spoke to my dealer and they’ve had a red T6.1 Beach demo arrive.

As we thought, It doesn’t have the A pillar blinds. He has promised to send me some photos of the dash and seats later today.
and my wife thinks we moved to Europe to be closer to family. Keep this quiet or me moving to be able to have the beech spec I want will be exposed!!!

Looking at your photo, it seems that your van does also have the metal dash inlays that I hope also make it onto the UK Beach. It clearly states standard dash on the UK configurator though so I’m not holding my breath.
Yes the Ocean has a 'comfort dashboard' and an option to have 'bright brushed grey' inlays at no cost (even though 'additional costs may apply :headbang). The standard 'decorative inserts' ones are still 'metal' but darker I think. Even things like using different language (inlays and inserts depending on colour) is frustrating. You don't really know what you're getting...
1614257773248.png

Different seat covers as well, does anyone have any good images of the “mixed dots” palladium interior specced on the uk model?

No blinds in the A pillar and box standard panel van dash. No dash insert trims.

FB_IMG_1614265475664.jpg

At my Tonbridge branch
At my Tonbridge branch
It was Martin at SMG that confirmed to me that the Beach had no blinds earlier today. This would of been the same Red Beach. Have you got any more photos?? I want to see the Art Velours upholstery.

Does annoy me that VW decide to do away with these minor finishing touches for the Beach in the UK. Would of been nice to have had the inserts and blinds!

65k Cali with builders van dash. Disappointing.

It was Martin at SMG that confirmed to me that the Beach had no blinds earlier today. This would of been the same Red Beach. Have you got any more photos?? I want to see the Art Velours upholstery.
We posted photos on facebook have you seen them on there?

Do the rails have removable sections so that the extra seats can be added? I can’t see any joints?
Should be standard, remove the plastic at the front of the rail and slide the metal out.

I would be terrified of that velour with dog, kid, camping etc on the fabric. As much as I hate seat covers, looking for a set now.

I wonder if VW have put solid rails in so that the Camper can not be used as a 7 seater for VED reasons.

I wonder if VW have put solid rails in so that the Camper can not be used as a 7 seater for VED reasons.
I am sure I saw on the U.K. configurator you can have the camper as a 6 seater with one additional chair not 2. Can’t be a weight thing as it’s not 4motion so has to be some other weird VW U.K. thing.

I mentioned somewhere else that I have 7 seats but can’t have the awning sold fitted because of weight limits! I did chat to one guy who has managed to order a beach with 7 seats and the gas cooker in U.K. so must be possible.

correction he has the bench with one additional seat as couldn’t order 2!

Back