Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Beach orders

Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
So how many of you have ordered a T6.1 Beach?

I’ve seen a flurry of Coast and Ocean orders but can only recall seeing a handful of Beach orders being announced on here (@AlisonF being one). Are there more
new Beach orders lurking out there?

I’ve seen a flurry of Coast and Ocean orders but can only recall seeing a handful of Beach orders being announced on here (@AlisonF being one). Are there more
I’d also be interested to know whether people are opting for the Tourer or Camper versions in the UK...

Yes we ordered a two tone bay leaf green 2nd week of Dec

The camper version.

Camper version ordered here too. Anyone got a provisional build date yet!?

I wonder how many people who aren't bothered by the larger bed in the Beach have decide on the Coast instead given the 3k price difference and the standard aux heater.

I ordered mid Nov and have just had a confirmed build week 4 on the online chat.

I wonder how many people who aren't bothered by the larger bed in the Beach have decide on the Coast instead given the 3k price difference and the standard aux heater.
We wouldn’t. IF we were to change we would go Beach again and pay for any additional spec we wanted to add regardless of the price in comparison to a Coast. A Beach is not about the bigger bed for us its about the extra space and flexibility it gives us. We don’t want a permanent wardrobe or tiny sink that’s fairly useless to us. As with everything in life, you pay your money and make your choice.

I ordered mid Nov and have just had a confirmed build week 4 on the online chat.
Wow, I didn’t dare look for fear it would be July... now you’ve got me intrigued...

So quick!
Thats what I thought! Typical as I’m not in a rush... was hoping for the end of March as the value of my current Beach will increase closer to summer!

Provisional week 9 for me :)

OMG - confirmed build week of week 4.
I want to pop a champagne cork. Thank you for prompting me :thanks:bananadance2:upsidedown:pinkbanana
Oh wow. Good news!
Maybe VW are pushing through the Beach’s??

We wouldn’t. IF we were to change we would go Beach again and pay for any additional spec we wanted to add regardless of the price in comparison to a Coast. A Beach is not about the bigger bed for us its about the extra space and flexibility it gives us. We don’t want a permanent wardrobe or tiny sink that’s fairly useless to us. As with everything in life, you pay your money and make your choice.
Absolutely there's a bum for every seat, in our Ocean we didn't use the sink and only used the hob for brews when not on EHU but I did love the storage and the fact that if we had to we could cook in our Ocean should we get stuck.

What will I buy next time, probably a Coast as I think the Ocean is now too expensive with toys and gadgets we would probably never use for an extra 8k or so and after having an electric roof I think I would prefer a manual..

Absolutely there's a bum for every seat, in our Ocean we didn't use the sink and only used the hob for brews when not on EHU but I did love the storage and the fact that if we had to we could cook in our Ocean should we get stuck.

What will I buy next time, probably a Coast as I think the Ocean is now too expensive with toys and gadgets we would probably never use for an extra 8k or so and after having an electric roof I think I would prefer a manual..
I’ve orderd a beach Camper for the 5 seats and extra space/light as I wasn’t interested in a sink. Ordered it on 2nd December. How do I find my expected week? The dealer initially said 31st March.
Cheers

If you visit the VW van web site and use the chat function. They can find your order from your name.

Thanks .. I did that and they have no date yet. Not sure if that’s anything to worry about

Great to hear about orders. Anyone care to share the specs they’ve ordered?

Do you know what the interior light concept offers beyond standard interior lights for the Beach. I know that on the Coast it offers lights under the kitchen/ worktop, extra lights in the boot and lights embedded into the fabric of the pop top roof. I guess it will be the boot and roof components of that for the Beach option, but does anyone know for sure?

Great to hear about orders. Anyone care to share the specs they’ve ordered?

Do you know what the interior light concept offers beyond standard interior lights for the Beach. I know that on the Coast it offers lights under the kitchen/ worktop, extra lights in the boot and lights embedded into the fabric of the pop top roof. I guess it will be the boot and roof components of that for the Beach option, but does anyone know for sure?
I ordered mine in Candy white (will wrap lower half) with the 17" Woodstocks, Discover media Nav for the bigger screen and wireless connection, 3 seater bench, Parking sensors, rear camera, climatronic and heated front seats.

I am not sure exactly what the light concept offers but assume some additional rear lighting and in the roof.

I've no date but was desperately hoping before Easter and was told 31st March when I ordered on 1st December.

In the T6, the extra comfort lighting is 2no dimmable LED strips (approx 4” long) in the pop up roof and another 2no LED strips in the rear door just below the glass line. When the boot is open, this gives more lighting to the boot area.

Provisional week 9 for me :)
Now gone to confirmed week 7 having ordered on 19 November.

Also received an email from VW today headed ‘Your order is in production’. Not sure that means anything more than build week confirmed(?) but all reassuring anyway!

Now gone to confirmed week 7 having ordered on 19 November.

Also received an email from VW today headed ‘Your order is in production’. Not sure that means anything more than build week confirmed(?) but all reassuring anyway!

What did you order?

Back