Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6.1 Ocean - 13 days, 594 miles...

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just to give you all a laugh. I checked the dipstick last night after getting back from Norwich and it seemed over filled. Just done another 50 mile run and same thing. So VW roadside assistance coming round tomorrow morning to suck some oil out. I am not even going to bother phoning the dealer. Surely even the most junior apprentice knows you add a little oil at a time and check the level. :headbang

TripleBee

TripleBee

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Or they must be thinking, this van will loose the oil anyway...

:Iamsorry

I hope everything is cleared up now and you can start enjoying the van the way it is meant to be!

H

Hamish S

Making up for the years spoilt by school and work
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I love the colour same as my Florence, glitters in the sun, one minute looks dark blue and the next grey. Look out your window in the morning and the shade of your van will give a clue to the weather. I just look out the window and gloat that Florence is mine. Hope all goes well for you now.

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Just had a call from VW "Customer Care". Basically after waiting 48 weeks for delivery, and then having to return a brand new vehicle because they couldn't connect a jubilee clip properly and it dumped 2 litres of oil, they are not interested in providing any goodwill. Genuinely amazed - basically VW UK do not care.

Anyway we have our van now and we will move on, but the entire buying process has been pathetic. Whinge over!!! :thumb

PaulMilton

PaulMilton

Treading water until retirement.
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Yes. Unfortunately things happen that's why there is a warranty after all. The "low oil" monitoring system worked and the cause is outside of the engine and on the turbo return.
I had the EGR fail at 900 miles, replaced and now a shade short of 100k miles of happy motoring and many memories.
Similar thing happened to us: within two years the EGR failed. To be fair I was pleasantly surprised with the good service I received from trafford, manchester. They came and picked up camp dave and because we were planning to go away arranged a hire vehicle for three weeks because it was over the Christmas/New Year period.

I imagine some People would take the opportunity to swap a new comfort mattress and window blinds but it goes without saying that I wouldn’t do that sort of thing.