Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Basin Tap. Is this normal?

RayH

RayH

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
Hi fellow Cali's. Please look at my attached video thread of the basin tap. This vehicle is brand new & the tap is like a limp .... . It also very easily comes apart. I sent her into my VW dealer today & they claim this is normal.
Is this correct?
Thanks for your input!

No, not normal. Presumably when you switch the tap on water goes everywhere?

It can be pushed in with a bit of force. Use one hand on right hand side (to avoid straining the fitting) and then push the other piece on with your left. Does take a bit of force, but it goes on.

Like moaksey said, it takes a bit of force to get it in properly.
If the dealer isn´t far away you should take it back and let
them do it just in case you damage the rest of it whilst riving it in.

After all it is a new van.

Faulty kitchen taps are know to be seen frequent ,
So in a way normal...;)
Simply have it sorted out under warrenty

If I had a tap like that I would seek medical advise (from VW)

Not normal! We had the same issue & we've just taken it back to the dealer who's replaced the whole tap unit without question.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi fellow Cali's. Please look at my attached video thread of the basin tap. This vehicle is brand new & the tap is like a limp .... . It also very easily comes apart. I sent her into my VW dealer today & they claim this is normal.
Is this correct?
Thanks for your input!

No . It needs replacing .

Is this correct?
Thanks for your input!

You could waste your time taking it to the dealer, or as @Loz says - tea towel and squeeze it together again using a clamp. Or even with your hands. You'll hear it click when it is back together properly. There may of been an issue with the microswitch and they simply haven't reassembled it properly.

Is this correct?
Thanks for your input!

You could waste your time taking it to the dealer, or as @Loz says - tea towel and squeeze it together again using a clamp. Or even with your hands. You'll hear it click when it is back together properly. There may of been an issue with the microswitch and they simply haven't reassembled it properly.
Totally agree. There should be NO gap between tap spout and central fitting when correctly fitted. Towel and clamp. If it works fine, if not warranty claim. What have you got to lose.:thumb

You should find the supplied stick in to prop it up with the cutlery drawer. ;)

Is this correct?
Thanks for your input!

Thanks everybody for your input.
The tap is now sorted, no thanks to the VW dealers. Fact is, they do not know what to do with a tap in a car as Cali’s are very rare here.
Anyways, I followed the advice from some posts & fixed it myself. Thank you!

The tap is now sorted, no thanks to the VW dealers. Fact is, they do not know what to do with a tap in a car as Cali’s are very rare here.
Keep reading the Forum and you will certainly be more knowledgable than your Dealer.:thumb

I had exactly the same problem with my T6 Cali, but managed to attach as you have done. However, I now have a new ‘tap problem’ .... the silver metal tap section has come away from the base section. It looks as if it needs to be screwed back on, but there seems to be no thread on the inside of the tap section just a couple of ridges. There is a black rubber washer near to the bottom of the base section of the tap. Does anybody know how I can reattach the tap, is it just a case of brute strength to push it back on? I’d really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Lizzie

As long as everyone taps into the resources on here the answers just flow :shocked

Sorry :sad NO need to throw my coat at me!

I had exactly the same problem with my T6 Cali, but managed to attach as you have done. However, I now have a new ‘tap problem’ .... the silver metal tap section has come away from the base section. It looks as if it needs to be screwed back on, but there seems to be no thread on the inside of the tap section just a couple of ridges. There is a black rubber washer near to the bottom of the base section of the tap. Does anybody know how I can reattach the tap, is it just a case of brute strength to push it back on? I’d really appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance
Lizzie
Yes. It is just a Push Fit, but does require some significant force.

Thanks in advance
Lizzie

Inside the base unit is a very thin groove that the corresponding plastic ridge on the tap fits into.
Make sure that inside groove is 100% clean, incl no grease. Same with the tap ridge.
Then with quite a bit of force squeeze the two units together. The tap ridge has to “click” into the base groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just cleaning the van ready for Dorset and the tap fell off. After a grim 10 minutes checking manual to no avail and imagining trying to cope without running water I checked the forum.

Popped it straight back on no problem. :thanks

Just had mine fixed by those nice people at SMG.

No chance of me pushing it together. In fact, I felt a bit of a drip having to ask :sad