Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Build dates

S

SurreyCali

So after the disaster of finding out that all our orders are not going through to the factory, I wonder what we can expect from build dates? On the CaliBoard in Germanyt their build dates were January back in July and we are behind them, will we see a T6 Cali before the spring?

I thought everyone who had ordered was adamant that they were getting their T6 Californias before Christmas, and rubbishing us lowly T5 owners who suggested that based on VW's past performance that 2016 was more likely.:cool:

I did write a post, but didn't post it, saying take the build dates with a pinch of salt. In the end I told my dealer, for my T5, just let me know when it arrives in the country.

Whenever it arrives, whether T5 or T6, it is worth the wait for quite the best camper.

If Carlsberg made campers they would make ...

A cali out of beer cans? :shocked

Whenever it arrives, whether T5 or T6, it is worth the wait for quite the best camper.

If Carlsberg made campers they would make ...

A cali out of beer cans? :shocked
Now Carlsberg green would be a great colour for a van!

We've been told we will get ours the week before Xmas. Salesman had a white beard!!

The first orders on t6 are build in 2014 ( as t5 ) and refurbisched in to a t6 in 2015-'16
Got this from a wellknown source at VW H-Q

:bananadance

I was in a dealers today and mentioned a delivery before Xmas and he started laughing!! He said you will be very lucky to see one before March 16, I guess only time will tell but its not looking hopeful. The T5's are certainley holding their money.

Breeze told me last week the T6 panel vans are due in, with a Euro 5 engine initially, in the autumn.

Not expecting the Cali until the spring 2016. They will have the euro 6 engine by then.

Alan

I ordered my T6 Cali on Friday here in Switzerland. They told me 2 weeks ago that the estimated delivery date was December/January, but now thats dropped back to March!
They already have a lot of normal T6 vans in stock here, including Multivans, and with the EU 6 engines so I took a test drive in one :)

We finally got our order confirmed on Friday, originally we were told delivery before Christmas however the dealer checked the system and they now don't expect to see any UK Cali's until the spring. He said the problem is we were the last county in Europe for it to be launched so the whole of the continent will be gettings theirs before us :(

I wouldn't go planning any 2016 Summer holidays just yet.

We finally got our order confirmed on Friday, originally we were told delivery before Christmas however the dealer checked the system and they now don't expect to see any UK Cali's until the spring.

Just curious, but when did you actually order it? Seems VW need to confirm the approximate delivery date and this may take some weeks! :mad:

He said the problem is we were the last county in Europe for it to be launched so the whole of the continent will be gettings theirs before us :(

Sorry, it's not my fault! :) :sorry

Humble pie anyone?

Not from me. Been saying all along that mid 2016 was a more realistic time line. Which has advantages as our European cousins might have found some of the bugs in the reported 6000 plus changes made over the T5 California.

Saw my first T6 a couple of days ago...a Caravelle I think....it looked great in two tone Red & Cream.....saw it on the street in Germany

Here the first California will be in last part of October, demand was very very high, build dates in Germany is now 6-8 months.

I like the feeling of owning a brand new vehicle as much as the next person but I really can't understand the rush to own the first of a new model run. I have done this only once and it ended in disappointment and frustration. VW took 6 months to find a permanent fix for the well reported issues and by that time I was so fed up with the vehicle that I got shot of it.
IMHO, with 6000 plus changes, the more people getting their T6s ahead of you, the greater chance you have of getting a properly sorted Cali. So relax and be patient in the knowledge that there are many owners on the continent that are, in effect, continuing VWs product development testing before we get the T 6 in the UK.
Like many of us seem to do, I have just gone through three years of research before deciding to buy a Cali and have also deliberated on whether to buy a T5 or T6 but have in the end decided to buy a T5 with a view to buying a T6 just before the warranty runs out in three years time. By that time, hopefully VW will have addressed the inevitable initial faults/issues and will have also got around to offering us Brits some of the options that are available only to our continental cousins at present e.g adaptive suspension.
In the mean time I will enjoy using my T5 which does exactly the same job as the T6.

Back