Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 VW California Delays

News from dealer today - Birmingham. Our 204 DSG 4 motion Ocean fully optioned in Reflex Silver with chrome pack, ordered 2nd week Dec, now built and en route! Expecting it next couple of weeks hopefully. Much quicker than I expected

Dealer has confirmed delays, we had a chat about possible reasons, supply chains, changes in specifications, etc., but their email contained the following, which I have included for information - not that it says much.

"VW are saying that there are currently extended lead times on California, Caravelle and Shuttle which is due to various manufacturing restrictions. VW UK are working with the factory to improve this situation."

So it seems there are other VW customers waiting longer than expected too...

News from dealer today - Birmingham. Our 204 DSG 4 motion Ocean fully optioned in Reflex Silver with chrome pack, ordered 2nd week Dec, now built and en route! Expecting it next couple of weeks hopefully. Much quicker than I expected
Great news. It took mine 3 weeks to get from the factory to the dealer - I think it depends upon timing of the ships from Emden.

Dealer has confirmed delays, we had a chat about possible reasons, supply chains, changes in specifications, etc., but their email contained the following, which I have included for information - not that it says much.

"VW are saying that there are currently extended lead times on California, Caravelle and Shuttle which is due to various manufacturing restrictions. VW UK are working with the factory to improve this situation."

So it seems there are other VW customers waiting longer than expected too...
It looks like a six month wait then at least from ordering to delivery, not good.

Leather seats aren't an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beach or Ocean? Not sure if leather is an option on the Beach but Alcantata seats are the leather option on the Ocean. They are a beige leather with suede inserts.

Yes - beige and suede in a camper van - I know! But they do look great so we ordered them as they are only about £900 extra. If they get manly after a few years we'll have them re-upholstered in a darker leather.

I guess you haven't gone for this option though so shouldn't be an issue for you - unless the factory is clogged up with half-built Calis in which case it affects everyone.

Hope you get a confirmed date soon.

We ordered our 204 DSG Ocean on the 17th Dec and were told 20 weeks straight off the bat so an expectation was set. Currently in build and delivery tentatively is early April. That would be 16-17 weeks. Being told build is progressing well. Fingers crossed.

Beach or Ocean? Not sure if leather is an option on the Beach but Alcantata seats are the leather option on the Ocean. They are a beige leather with suede inserts.

Yes - beige and suede in a camper van - I know! But they do look great so we ordered them as they are only about £900 extra. If they get manly after a few years we'll have them re-upholstered in a darker leather.

I guess you haven't gone for this option though so shouldn't be an issue for you - unless the factory is clogged up with half-built Calis in which case it affects everyone.

Hope you get a confirmed date soon.
I thought Alcantata was leatherette, not leather

I thought Alcantata was leatherette, not leather
Now you've got me wondering. The demonstrator I saw had Alcantara and it certainly looked like leather edges + suede inserts. But maybe it wasn't. If it is leatherette it is not the tacky sort I had on a company Vauxhall years ago - it looked good. I'll tellyouon Friday when I finally get to see / touch my Cali.

Now you've got me wondering. The demonstrator I saw had Alcantara and it certainly looked like leather edges + suede inserts. But maybe it wasn't. If it is leatherette it is not the tacky sort I had on a company Vauxhall years ago - it looked good. I'll tellyouon Friday when I finally get to see / touch my Cali.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcantara_(material)

Option I was keen on but the wife wasn't. I showed unusual tact and got her to sit in a Caravelle at the dealers, that was enough to convince her. I preferred the comfort and yes a darker colour option would be better. But hey ho. I believe you will like it.

Mike

Small update on my order for info: ordered Ocean 204DSG 6th Jan. Provisional build date has fluctuated between weeks 12-14 in the meantime as others have experienced. Order is still showing provisional week 13 and my dealer expects that to be change to confirmed (code 20) any day now with a bit of luck. Still anticipating mid to late May delivery, even with the extended California build time (5 instead of 3 weeks as previously reported in this thread).

Ok just for curiosity let's see who has had the most unconfirmed build dates since you put your order in. We are on 5 so far . Order put in on Dec16th

Hi,
Just asked for progress report from dealer (eurovans Crawley) was initially given confirmed build date of week 14, just been told it is in "production assembly" and there is a chance it could be with dealer by end of the month. He wil know more by next week.
Happy days!

Hi,
Just asked for progress report from dealer (eurovans Crawley) was initially given confirmed build date of week 14, just been told it is in "production assembly" and there is a chance it could be with dealer by end of the month. He wil know more by next week.
Happy days!
Do you mind me skiing ? When was your order placed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Happy days!

Whoopee so excited for you. Please give feedback when collect. We've also ordered from Eurovans ( Crawley).
Appears production has slowed down . Is it DSG ???
Unconfirmed build week 23( ordered January)

If it helps my dealer who has just put my order in is not anticipating any great delay. I am loathe to put a date on it and he knew I was not worried. He reckons delays are on the 150PS models. Not sure if this fits with issues people are having.

Mike

If it helps my dealer who has just put my order in is not anticipating any great delay. I am loathe to put a date on it and he knew I was not worried. He reckons delays are on the 150PS models. Not sure if this fits with issues people are having.

Congrats on finally ordering.
Poor Speleo62 ordered in December an Ocean 204 DSG 4 motion ,see above.
X5 unconfirmed dates.
We were told it's the 204 engine which has the delay.
We've decided we will see our van sometime .....

Whoopee so excited for you. Please give feedback when collect. We've also ordered from Eurovans ( Crawley).
Appears production has slowed down . Is it DSG ???
Unconfirmed build week 23( ordered January)
Yeah exciting times. No it's not a dsg I have posted on here about my indecisiveness in terms of what options to chose within my finances. In the end I left it too late to change my order to a dsg as build was confirmed. I have the unusual combo of a 204 4motion manual :)

Too excited to care about that now though!!

Reactions: DM
So who has leather seats and had their build date moved? Maybe why this isnt happening so much on beaches as you cant get those with leather seats (according to the pricelist - which thinking about it is, means nowt)

So who has leather seats and had their build date moved? Maybe why this isnt happening so much on beaches as you cant get those with leather seats (according to the pricelist - which thinking about it is, means nowt)

Leather seats aren't an available option so how can they be an issue?

Back